(2018-05-11) Siege at Vierguers
The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain.
faraman carina aleksandr marsilia cosette alvise 
An
Summary:
Several skirmishes occur throughout the day, leaving Wyvern Company and the Order of the Boar nearly evenly matched. Several fires break out, some instigated by sabatours, Nobles of Matora arrive to observe the affairs and assist the town with perparations and assistance during the attacks. With the arrival of siege engines from Matora late in the day, the tides are turned against the Order of the Boar, leaving Wyvern Company victorious in the defense of Vierguers
Related:
Remain to be seen …
Misc Info:
The rain of rocks
vittore orazio isabella corso livino 

Viergues (for descs):
The small town of Viergues sits on a small hill over a quiet river. The town has severl dozen families, perhaps a population of a few hundred. A quiant belltower rises up over some of the homes in the center, small replicas of the tower homes of the major cities, but nothing at all like Matora. No wall for defense, the city is like a ship on open waters. A small forest to the west, that lazy river to the south and fields on the other sides. The north more hilly and the way east back to Matora open, with a road that eventually meets up with the Via Principale. Its evident the Order is here, camped between river and town, to force the hand of payment most likely for 'protections' to be rendered from this small merc company. Overall there are several hundred mercs in this Ventura. Few horses, they are small but growing perhaps. At the arrival of groups from Matora, they disperse into the woods and over the river. The leaders of the Matoran forces move in to hold the town. It seems the plan by the Mercs is to send small bands to attack from any side, forcing dispersion of troops in Matora to fight in small skirmishes in defense. While at any time the Matoran forces can give up the city and retreat, this would be advantageous to the Order to raid the city and collect payments they find with such a withdrawal.

*

*

The Matorans have arrived, some to fight, some to help the town, some to just witness what may happen as observation only. Either way, the forces and house units of Matora arrive, slightly outnumbered by the Order of the Boar, but better equipped and ready for combat. The mercs disperse for field advantage moving around the outskirts of the town and fields as if to siege the city. The trickle of those leaving has stopped as warriors on both sides seem ready to engage.
Just a few hours after the rise of the sun, two wagons made out eastward for Matora. The Order made its first move, the wagons siezed. Part of the family escapes on fast horses due east, some rush back to the city battered. As the family comes near, a band of mercs and warriors is sent out to meet with that merc band on the field. They look ready for the skirmish, evenly matched, part of their current tactics it would seem.
As the family is being looked at, there is a cry from a mother, "Lunezo! Lunezo!" Pause, "Leonardo!' Pet name, pet name, full name. Someone in town points, "He ran for the river!" And a look over there, a stray boy, out beyond where the soldiers and mercenaries are gathering ready to make combat.

*

"Well, fuck," Faraman complains as he sweats in his armor and squints with professional assessment at the opposing forces. "I was hoping they'd run away. What kind of mercenaries are these guys? You move off to easier pickings when you meet resistance." His tone is gruff, irritable, as if the Golden Boar's actions are a personal insult to his mercenary pride. He isn't wielding his cross bow, but having instead drawn his sword and shield to move with his brothers-in-arms. "Unless you're being paid not to. Nobody is paying these guys, right?" Though the latter question comes with a bit of suspicious doubt creeping in. He ends it with an under his breath curse: "Nobles and schemes, you never fucking know."

He moves cautiously, one foot at a time. His eyes scan his surroundings constantly in look for advantages. Higher ground, a bit of protection, a possible way to set a trap or to some other way turn the balance. Fair fighting is not his favorite way to do it.

*

One of the Wyverns sent over for assistance, she'd been paid for by the Sabastino family, is Carina. Well known for her skill with the sword, she accompanies a few of the others. Hearing Faraman, she laughs, "The more time I'm around you, the more you grow on me. Stop that." A smirk given his way. "Who knows if anyone is paying them? Maybe they're just hungry.." then adding as an after thought as her ice blue eyes flicker over her fellow mercenary. "Or greedy." Walking along beside him, she keeps her sword drawn. "We lack the element of surprise, so let's just kill them."

*

(>-------<)
| Carina (Awareness) |
| -----— |
| Success |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 10 Mod: 0 Total: 10 |
| Roll: 8 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

(>-------<)
| Faraman (Awareness) |
| -----— |
| Success |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 10 Mod: 0 Total: 10 |
| Roll: 9 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

By the ornaments on the local Parsonage (church), Viergues has had a very good year. There is wealth here, greedy or otherwise on the part of the Order of the Boar.

*

Certainly Isabella had been asked not to go, but really she's quite stubborn for a handmaiden and frankly that Eastern heritage helps with a furrowed brow and mule like disposition when needed. The woman had prepared a mare and several packs of food before making her way towards the town that was in need; unfamiliar with the area as having just arrived she ended up following some of the company men that had traveled. Even now she walks with a few that are moving, the hint of action quite loud. "Is there a way into the town proper, one that seems safe?" Her words, heavily accented in Avicorse accent and Eastern Empire dialect roll off her tongue. One of the packs upon the mare, her own, eyed warily at the increased hints of potential violence.

*

Failed.
GiovanniAcuto makes a check for Wyvern Commander (Battle 15) at 15, he rolled 16.

*

Success
GiovanniAcuto makes a check for Order of Boar Commander (Battle 12) at 12, he rolled 6.

*

Faraman rolls 1d2 and gets (2) for a total of: (2)

*

Carina rolls 1d2 and gets (1) for a total of: (1)

*

"Guess it's the hard old way," Faraman agrees with Carina with a sigh. "I much prefer it when each side sits on a hill and stare at each other, while the nobles negotiate whatever fucking issue they had to begin with. Now that's a good battle field. Eat a bit, drink a bit, dream about the girlfriend or boyfriend you got back home." He takes a deep breath, then his expression changes. It becomes absolutely serious and professional. There's little sign of the lazy do-nothing guardsman that oftens hows up on the rounds. "You watch my back, I watch yours?"

*

Orazio arrives from the TinyPlot Rooms.

*

Orazio has arrived.

*

Even pondering the wealth of town, the order to form up and take the field is given, eventually the Wyvern commander looks back, "Save the banter for when we dispatch these vermin!" He'll move to the field, the other command will smerk, "Looks like easy pickins today boys n girls." Nods at most out of respect as the units aline, but little time is waiting and they engage, the mercs have a slight advantage of the hill and fight better, the Wyvern commander thinking it too easy and not realizing it was meant to draw out a unit to test the waters.
Soldiers arriving with Isabelle nod, moving to the north to avoid the skirmish and get with the groups in the city.

"Lunezo!" comes more cries from the mother, someone in the town watching from the safety of buildings and helping the family say, "Get her to the Parson, they'll treat them there, someone needs to get Leonardo!" Non-combatants, +check awareness.

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Faraman vs Merc2 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Faraman: Failed || Merc2: Fumble! |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|| Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Both rolls failed this is a tie. |
(>
--------------—<)

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Carina vs Merc1 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Carina: Success || Merc1: Success |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: sword Armor: full plate || Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Y Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Result: Carina wins as their roll was higher. |
| Carina rolls (2 4 2 3 5) for 16 total damage. |
| Armor and/or Shield reduces by 20. |
| Merc1 takes 0 damage. |
| Merc1 checks their Dex: Knockdown! |
(>
--------------—<)

*

(>-------<)
| Isabella (Awareness) |
| -----— |
| Failed |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 10 Mod: 0 Total: 10 |
| Roll: 18 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

Faraman moves forward with the rest, shield up and sword at the ready. In the periphery of his vision he keeps an eye on the two Wyvern to either side of him, just enough to work together as a team. When they clash together in the loud cacophony of battle he grits his teeth and stays silent, focused on the exchange of blows. None of his gets through, but he catches his opponents blade on his shield and on an angle and with a violent enough slam to knock the blade straight out of his hand. It doesn't ignite any change in his expression; hard, focused, and determined to stay alive.

*

"Yeah let's stay close." Carina tells Faraman as they advance together with the direction of their commander. Lifting her blade and with a war cry straight from her homeland, she dives into the fray sword and shield first, slicing at her opponent who, while he's not cut, he does get his feet knocked out from under him and is down on the ground, giving her a distinct advantage.

*

Isabella moves with those she is with towards the city, a glance given over the distance as the sound of conflict begins to erupt. The woman hesitates a moment but then reaches to her mare to grab her bow from the transport and pull it to her hands. Even though the fighting is a distance from where she currently is, such things may spread and a mission of mercy could turn.

*

The battle rages, the man facing Faraman is at a loss, he moves for his sword, keeping his hand up in defense at least against his opponent, determined to get it and hopeuflly defeat the Wyvern soldier. The same, Carina knocks her man over, who topples with a umph in his heavy army. "Your dead," he grunts, keeping his focus to roll and try to get up, she can strike if she wishes. As Isabella nears the city, she can easily get in without drawing attention. The Order wants the valuables in the city, which will be taken if the route the Wyvern Company and citizens. She can see some pointing towards the river, past the fighting, were a boy is stranded. With the pointing, others may see, that from the forest to the west, a few soldiers are starting to head for the boy. Hopeuflly only to take him hostage.

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Faraman vs Merc2 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Faraman: Success || Merc2: Success |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|| Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Result: Faraman wins as their roll was higher. |
| Faraman rolls (2 5 2 2 6) for 17 total damage. |
| Armor and/or Shield reduces by 14. |
| Merc2 takes 3 damage. |
| Merc2 checks their Dex: Knockdown! |
(>
--------------—<)

*

(>--------------—<)
| All Out Attack by Carina against Merc1 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Carina makes an All Out Attack || Merc1 strikes first |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: sword Armor: full plate || Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Y Mount: |
| Passion: || Passion: |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Merc1 strikes first: Critical Success |
| Merc1 rolls for damage (#-1 NUMBER OUT OF RANGE) for a total of 0. |
| Carina has a total damage reduction of 22. They take 0 damage. |
| Carina makes their All Out Attack: Success |
| Carina rolls for damage (4 3 5 4 3) for a total of 19. |
| Merc1 has a total damage reduction of 20. They take 0 damage. |
(>
--------------—<)

*

Faraman takes advantage of the fumble with cold professional intent. He strikes with his sword, but for good measure kicks out as well to help with destabilizing his opponent while he doesn't have to worry about a sword chopping off his leg. He doesn't listen to his opponents at all; this isn't a talking competition they're engaging in!

*

Alvise arrives from the TinyPlot Rooms.

*

Alvise has arrived.

*

Carina stabs at him but the fallen opponent manages to block her stab by rolling over some and she gets his armor instead. The words of her opponent are largely ignored except she sneers at him as she hefts her blade in preparation of another blow.

*

Isabella's eyes follow the pointing, the woman glancing towards a few of the nearby soldiers and she comments to them, "There, do you see that young man? Something must be done." Her voice should raise in crescendo and pitch, but it remains level. After a moment, a string of words leave her lips, all in the Eastern tongue and the look of expression hints that she may well be paying penance later for cursing. "Come." She pulls some of the packs of food off the mare, handing them to those around her that are pointing out the situation to unladen the animal before climbing upon the horse herself and settling skirts. Another string of curses flows; she truly hates riding.

*

The man facing Faraman bends for his sword, holding a hand up in defense and Faraman makes advantageous use of the situation, sending his man down as well. Carin's foe does not manage to get up, she hits him solidly and forces him to stay down. Both men have swords again, and face their opponents at a disadvantage for the moment.
THe man are uncertain at first, to go save the child, not thinking to go out. However, as the Eastern woman bravely takes her own horse, they move to follow, unmounted, but running at least to pursue. Isabella, +check horsemanship. The others may make their attacks.

*

(>-------<)
| Isabella (Horsemanship) |
| -----— |
| Failed |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 4 Mod: 0 Total: 4 |
| Roll: 5 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Carina vs Merc1 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Carina: Success || Merc1: Success |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: sword Armor: full plate || Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Y Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Result: Carina wins as their roll was higher. |
| Carina rolls (1 1 6 3 3) for 14 total damage. |
| Armor and/or Shield reduces by 20. |
| Merc1 takes 0 damage. |
| Merc1 checks their Dex: Knockdown! |
(>
--------------—<)

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Faraman vs Merc2 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Faraman: Success || Merc2: Success |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|| Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Result: Faraman wins as their roll was higher. |
| Faraman rolls (4 1 4 5 3) for 17 total damage. |
| Armor and/or Shield reduces by 14. |
| Merc2 takes 3 damage. |
| Merc2 checks their Dex: Success. |
(>
--------------—<)

*

Sweat soaks Faraman as they continue to attack each other, a few locks of wet black hair sticking to his forhead where the helmet isn't covering it. He breathes as evenly as he can, keeping calm, just trusting the drill rather than trying anything fancy that might get him out of formation and fumble into his peers on either side of him. Its a relentless onslaught, though, and even if the moves themselves are basic they're all done perfectly. No peace for the wicked, or from the wicked. And it gets him a few results.

*

So Carina's strength isn't comparable to a man swinging his blade, but she'd never admit that at all. Keeping her opponent down seems relatively simple, but actually cutting through the armor is more challenging. She doesn't let up though, she continues hacking away at him, intending to do something at least!

*

Damn animals, there's a reason Isabella hates them and she struggles to push the horse as fast as she would like while not falling off the blasted thing, certain that her jostling about would be quite humorous to other onlookers were the situation not so purposeful. For a few moments there is a growing sense of nerve until she realizes that she will reach the child via mount before the Boar mercenaries do. Hopping off the horse, she lands on her feet and moves to pick up the boy, to help him onto the animal. Seizing her pack off the mare, she speaks to the child."Hold on tightly, she will take you to the soldiers and towards safety." A hand lifts to give the horse a gentle swat after aiming it towards the troops on foot that were following her, to let it get underway in the direction of protection.

*

The man facing Faraman struggles to his feet even as the blade of Faraman bites again. He curses under his breath, anger in his eyes as he rages and tries to take out Faraman completely with his coming attack. Carina's man is armed and rolling bout, less focused on getting up and just fighting from a disadvantage. That look in his eyes like he just wants to stay alive for the now.
As she heads for the child, the men with her depart to engage the arriving bandits, another small fight breaks out.
The boy reaches up to her, and she lifts him to the horse. If not for the tears, he might be thankful. The horse is swatted and off the boy goes, the horse, smart enough to go for the people at the town. Maybe with the scent of stables and protection, and food, coming from their and its panic from the fighting.

One guard says, "Stay behind us," to Isabella as they hope to protect her. Its two Wyvern on three Boars thre.

*

(>--------------—<)
| All Out Attack by Merc2 against Faraman |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Merc2 makes an All Out Attack || Faraman strikes first |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|| Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Mount: || Shield: Y Mount: |
| Passion: || Passion: |
(>
-------<)(>------—-<)

(>--------------——<)

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Carina vs Merc1 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Carina: Success || Merc1: Failed |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: sword Armor: full plate || Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Y Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Result: Carina wins the roll with their Success. |
| Carina rolls (3 2 1 2 5) for 13 total damage. |
| Armor and/or Shield reduces by 14. |
| Merc1 takes 0 damage. |
| Merc1 checks their Dex: Success. |
(>
--------------—<)

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Faraman vs Merc2 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Faraman: Success || Merc2: Failed |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|| Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Result: Faraman wins the roll with their Success. |
| Faraman rolls (2 2 4 6 1) for 15 total damage. |
| Armor and/or Shield reduces by 14. |
| Merc2 takes 1 damage. |
| Merc2 checks their Dex: Success. |
(>
--------------—<)

*

That's the trouble with plate. The sharpest and finest sword in the world, and in the end you're mostly just bludgeoning the bastards to death. If it has to be done, though, it has to be done, and Faraman puts his weight behind. Every now and again he looks around him, just to keep an eye out for possible new dangers, but for the most part his attention remains on the man right in front of him.

(>--------------—<)
Skirmishes at Viergues OOC Rooms
Fri May 11, 1335 — Fri May 11 12:34:11 2018
(>
--------------—<)

*

The small town of Viergues sits on a small hill over a quiet river. The town has several dozen families, perhaps a population of a few hundred. A quiant belltower rises up over some of the homes in the center, small replicas of the tower homes of the major cities, but nothing at all like Matora. No wall for defense, the city is like a ship on open waters. A small forest to the west, that lazy river to the south and fields on the other sides. The north more hilly and the way east back to Matora open, with a road that eventually meets up with the Via Principale. Its evident the Order is here, camped between river and town, to force the hand of payment most likely for 'protections' to be rendered from this small merc company. Overall there are several hundred mercs in this Ventura. Few horses, they are small but growing perhaps. At the arrival of groups from Matora, they disperse into the woods and over the river. The leaders of the Matoran forces move in to hold the town. It seems the plan by the Mercs is to send small bands to attack from any side, forcing dispersion of troops in Matora to fight in small skirmishes in defense. While at any time the Matoran forces can give up the city and retreat, this would be advantageous to the Order to raid the city and collect payments they find with such a withdrawal.

This room is currently UNLOCKED.

See +lhelp for local help files.

*

(>--------------——<)
Periodically throughout the day, a band of merc's rushes the town from one of the cardinal directions. Combatants present may fight back as a Skirmish. One battle roll for leaders at the start, then each combatant faces one foe for the skirmish. Even if players win, their unit may be defeated, a battle roll for followers fate will be rolled after players are done. Will will accumulate these throughout the day to see what the fate of Viergues is, more player victories during the day will modify the final roll.

Non-combatants will be needed to help the city itself as this unfolds, there will be plots as Non-combatants arrive to help in various situations throughout the day.
(>--------------——<)


Contents:
Alvise - Tall male, long dark hair, dark eyes, indifferent air.
Carina - Average height, white blonde hair, glacier blue eyes, dark red cloak of Wyvern Company.
Faraman - Dark haired man in his early thirties.
Galileo - Galileo! Galileo! Galileo! GALILEO FIGARO!
GiovanniAcuto - Leading the White Company
Isabella - Dark curly hair with dark eyes and tawny skin.
Orazio - Black Hair, 5'10", Intense eyes.
Plot Logger - is currently ON - SCENE IS BEING LOGGED.

*

Exits: [O] TinyPlot Rooms

Special: +lhelp - Local Help Available
(>--------------——<)

*

The merc she is fighting manages to get to his feet despite her attacks and Carina steps back one to get some distance between the two, Stabby rip stab stab, but none of the damage. The bonus is she's not getting to much by way of cuts either, the plate holding firm for her.

*

Even as he gains his feat, he takes licks from the sword of Faraman, no new blood but he is already suffering minor damage from his opponent. He curses the man, "Lap dog of the Empire, die!" And keeps fighting. After scrabbling in the dirt and pushing back against Carina, her opponent finally manages to get to his feet, looking ready to soundly defeat her.

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Carina vs Merc1 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Carina: Success || Merc1: Success |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: sword Armor: full plate || Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Y Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Result: Carina wins as their roll was higher. |
| Carina rolls (4 1 4 2 3) for 14 total damage. |
| Armor and/or Shield reduces by 20. |
| Merc1 takes 0 damage. |
| Merc1 checks their Dex: Knockdown! |
(>
--------------—<)

*

"Oh believe me, staying behind is not an issue." Isabella comments to the Wyvern soldiers. She flashes them a kind grin but sets down her pack and begins to unroll it some to reveal a collection of arrows and a string that is pulled. The handmaiden sets to work stringing the bow and preparing to assist the soldiers that she is with as the next small skirmish breaks out, the concern causing her hands to shake some and sweat on her brow needing the occasional wiping from the back of her hand to clear her vision before she is ready.

*

Whatever merc1 had on his mind, Carina had other ideas, she swings her blade again with force to knock him down and places the sword down to his neck. "YIELD!" she commands him, knowing likely he will ignore her, so she remains prepared to fight on."

*

(>-------<)
| Merc1 (Valorous) |
| -----— |
| Success Cowardly |
| -
------ |
| Valorous |
| Trait: Roll: 9 |
| Cowardly |
| Trait: 7 Roll: 6 |
(>-------<)

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Faraman vs Merc2 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Faraman: Failed || Merc2: Failed |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|| Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Mount: |
| Passion: -5 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Both rolls failed this is a tie. |
(>
--------------—<)

*

Faraman's lips twist with a sudden fury at being called alapdop of the Empire. OF all the things! But perhaps there's something right in the accusation, because rather than be emboldened with a furious and righteous rage, he gets distracted by it instead. Some of his zeist has left his arm as he hammers his blade against his foe. "Ain't a fucking laptop," is growled under his breath, but its addressed at himself. As if to pep himself up from a momentary slump.

*

The man beneath Carina considers for a moment, no telling how his unit is doing, but he decides to drop his sword. Tired of strugging in armor to get to his feet, "Yield, Yield!" He takes the out.
The man with Faraman continues to clash. They bat swords only to ring off one another. He grunts back to Faraman, "Wear the collar, beckon the call, dog." As if to insite him some more. The men with Isabella engage not knowing she's going to use a bow, but trying to keep her and child safe.

*

(>-------<)
| Isabella (CompoundBow) |
| -----— |
| Failed |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 10 Mod: 0 Total: 10 |
| Roll: 11 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Faraman vs Merc2 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Faraman: Failed || Merc2: Failed |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|| Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Mount: |
| Passion: -5 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Both rolls failed this is a tie. |
(>
--------------—<)

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Carina vs Merc2 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Carina: Failed || Merc2: Success |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: sword Armor: full plate || Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Result: Merc2 wins the roll with their Success. |
| Merc2 rolls (4 4 4 6) for 18 total damage. |
| Armor and/or Shield reduces by 16. |
| Carina takes 2 damage. |
| Carina checks their Dex: Success. |
(>
--------------—<)

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Faraman vs Merc2 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Faraman: Success || Merc2: Failed |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|| Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Mount: |
| Passion: -5 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Result: Faraman wins the roll with their Success. |
| Faraman rolls (1 4 4 3 3) for 15 total damage. |
| Armor and/or Shield reduces by 14. |
| Merc2 takes 1 damage. |
| Merc2 checks their Dex: Knockdown! |
(>
--------------—<)

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Carina vs Merc2 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Carina: Success || Merc2: Failed |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: sword Armor: full plate || Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Result: Carina wins the roll with their Success. |
| Carina rolls (2 1 2 2 3) for 10 total damage. |
| Armor and/or Shield reduces by 14. |
| Merc2 takes 0 damage. |
(>
--------------—<)

*

"Why don't you just shut the fuck up!" Faraman growls irritably, as he keeps stabbing at the other mercenary. "You don't know me! And all you're ever gonna know of me is my gods be damned blade!" Yet his heart just isn't it, whatever his words. What does help is Carina suddenly coming in from the side to flank his opponent from the other side. He scores another solid strike, even if it fails to penetrate the other's armor particularly effectively.

*

Taking that deep breath, Isabella raises her bow and nocks an arrow. With three of the Boars against two of the Wyverens, she focuses her attention upon the one that is outnumbered. Loosing arrows into the depth of conflict is always a dangerous gambit and the Eastern woman takes extra time to try and isolate her aim. Distance and the moving of bodies engaged in that melee affair keep her from settling into a comfortable moment but eventually she finds a window to attempt her shot. Watching, she observes the results of the arrow shaft, brow etching a bit before she reaches to get another arrow, the process taking some time to get all settled and prepared again while the fight still boils.

*

Vittore arrives from the TinyPlot Rooms.

*

Vittore has arrived.

*

Cosette arrives from the TinyPlot Rooms.

*

Cosette has arrived.

*

And some distance from the town and fighting, Orazio di Farro stands atop a hill with an excellent vantage of the going on's, but more than far enough to be outside the nastiness. All the same, he's brought his blade and wears it on a hip. Just in case.

He's also brought a horse- loaded with art and picnic supplies. He sets up an easel. He prepares his paints and he begins to quietly try to capture the chaos of all of this struggle on canvas.

*

Marsilia arrives from the TinyPlot Rooms.

*

Marsilia has arrived.

*

They were tough bastards, taking the hits that dent the armor but little more than that. With the one yielding, Carina allows his company to see him for the coward he was while she moves in to assist Faraman. His mouth was going to get him killed though, if Faraman had anything to do with it, she could feel the anger emanating off her compatriot. "Just cut him down, distract him so I can, or I will so you can. Teamwork, lets get the bastard."

*

Alvise Sabastino had definitely been one of those who'd hoped that nothing much in the way of actual combat would come from the day. One of the younger brothers of the Conte, Cristofano, Alvise was arrayed for battle but had mostly intended to oversee a brief standoff, a quick dispersal of the Order of the Boar troops, and a lengthy celebration of the "victory." This is no longer that situation, and if he curses it, he at least does so quietly, under his breath. From his privileged position, observing from back within the town, he gazes out over the skirmish in progress. It was, evidently, no longer a question of whether he would be involved in combat this day, but whether this was the moment. For now, he hangs back, mindful of additional Boar mercenaries currently out of sight with dozens of potential civilian targets. They're all in this mess now, but the current situation seems manageable by the persons already involved, maybe?

*

Aleksandr arrives from the TinyPlot Rooms.

*

Aleksandr has arrived.

*

One Wyvern near the river with Isabella engages on full on, leaving the other to fend off two. As she begins to fire, and a Boar merc turns in her direction, that knight shifts to defensvie to block him from going back while trying to allow her a shot.
Carina moves to help Faraman, putting the man at a disadvantage, he is angered enough trying to face both. He had no idea the Empire insult would drive at the man, but its given him energy to keep fighting the two. "I've yet to be concerned with that blade," though, really, he's bled from it, and Carina's as well.

*

(>-------<)
| Faraman (Reckless) |
| -----— |
| Success Reckless |
| -
------ |
| Reckless |
| Trait: 6 Roll: 4 |
(>-------<)

*

(>--------------—<)
| All Out Attack by Faraman against Merc2 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Faraman makes an All Out Attack || Merc2 strikes first |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|| Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Mount: |
| Passion: || Passion: |
(>
-------<)(>------—-<)

(>--------------——<)

*

(>--------------—<)
| All Out Attack by Faraman against Merc2 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Faraman makes an All Out Attack || Merc2 strikes first |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|| Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Mount: |
| Passion: || Passion: |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Merc2 strikes first: Critical Success |
| Merc2 rolls for damage (3 6 2 4 2 3 6 1) for a total of 27. |
| Faraman has a total damage reduction of 20. They take 7 damage. |
| Faraman has been knocked down! |
| Faraman is unable to attack in their present condition. |
(>
--------------—<)

*

In the town there's a ruckus as several of the Order make it in and start for the stables beneath cover of everyone being sidetracked by the ongoing battle. There is a piercing shout, "THe stables are on fire! All of the horses are trapped inside!!!" Indeed, there is a large black plume of smoke rising from somewhere near the edge of the city. The river is somewhat nearby but with everyone in a panic exactly nothing is being done to assist the animals.

*

(>-------<)
| Isabella (Compoundbow) |
| -----— |
| Failed |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 10 Mod: 0 Total: 10 |
| Roll: 18 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

Aleksandr rolls 1d2 and gets (2) for a total of: (2)

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Carina vs Merc2 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Carina: Success || Merc2: Failed |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: sword Armor: full plate || Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Result: Carina wins the roll with their Success. |
| Carina rolls (3 4 4 4 4) for 19 total damage. |
| Armor and/or Shield reduces by 14. |
| Merc2 takes 5 damage. |
| Merc2 checks their Dex: Success. |
(>
--------------—<)

*

Faraman snarls as he tires to take extra advantage of Carina assisting him by going all out on the offense. Unfortunately leaving himself open does not end very well for him. He blinks a moment later from the ground, wondering how exactly he ended up there in the first place, head ringing and the whole battlefield turned a confusing mess of dust and stomping feet. "Idiot," he curses himself.

*

With Faraman down, Carina takes the advantage of the merc going for him and steps in, swinging her blade towards his head area, trying to stop him in his pursuit. FINALLY, she gets the satisfaction of blood spatter knowing she hit him, but she has no intention on giving him even the slightest edge. She doesn't let up.

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Aleksandr vs Merc3 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Aleksandr: Failed || Merc3: Failed |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: great aArmor: full plate || Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Mount: || Shield: Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Both rolls failed this is a tie. |
(>
--------------—<)

*

A few more cries join the others and a little boy, sobbing, runs for the flames, "Thunder! Don't die!" His father snatches him up before the kid can get to the flaming stables and the kid kicks and screams in a panic as the animals neigh and whinny and bump into the walls inside, just trying to get out. "It's going to spread to the church!" One of the ladies cries out. "Help! Someone help!"

*

It is out of a mixture of concern and curiosity which brings the Contessa di Farro out to witness the goings on of this skirmish. With a smll retinue of house guards to keep her safe, all that Marsilia can do is observe from town. For her comfort, a picnic set up has been laid out, but the sight before her is neither comforting nor welcoming for such a display. Still dressed in her own fine and fashionable garb, the young woman's piercing wide eyes keep watch in the distance to view the outcome of the situation at hand. However, the sudden panic at the stables has captured her attention and she motions for her guards to follow as she makes her way to investigate. "We'll need to open the door to stables and get the animals out. That being said, we also need another group to help put out the fire less the entire town go up in flame."

*

This being one of the reasons why Alvise did not immediately go out to join the fray, he moves to investigate the fire in the stables. One of the things that must be found out, amidst fighting the fire and allowing the horses a means of escape, is what happened to the mercenaries that had penetrated into the town far enough to set the blaze. He tries to keep an eye out for such things as well, as he makes his move.

*

Isabella's next arrow misses even more than the previous, the sound of her Eastern cursing lifting loud enough to be heard over the dull thuds of combat as swords hit plates. She looks towards the Wyveren soldiers she is with and with a grimace realizes her rescue action may be putting them in a situation they cannot easily withdraw from or survive. Mentally checking off a few options, she opts to grab another arrow but this time grins some as she scans the distance a bit, rather than the immediate vicinity, before coming back to the skirmish taking place in front of her. "The boy is safe. No need to keep fighting right here except for someone to die. Perhaps we can do something else?"

*

(>-------<)
| Marsilia (Stewardship) |
| -----— |
| Fumble! |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 10 Mod: 0 Total: 10 |
| Roll: 20 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

(>-------<)
| Alvise (Awareness) |
| -----— |
| Success |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 8 Mod: 0 Total: 8 |
| Roll: 5 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

Word traveled fast of the perils the town was facing. Some gray clothed members of the Sect of Devotion were present to offer their aid in both healing and comfort through the onslaught of skirmish waves following one after another. Cosette di Farro was amongst them, attempting to search for the wounded and lost in an effort to keep them centralized for the time being. Until the fires began eating away at the stables and church. "All those able bodied, grab a bucket or anything that may hold water!" She called out among the chaos.

*

Aleksandr's small detatchment had maneuvered while that of his comrades first met the enemy, seeking to thwart a group of opposing mercenaries doing much the same, trying to outmaneuver the town's defenders to get further within. But the Wyverns are there, and once they meet the crash of the melee… the large foreigner is in his element. In the East, his people were prized by the Empire as heavy infantry, their favored long-axes used to shatter the lines of even the sturdiest foes. Though now a proper kavallarios, trained with the feared cataphracts, it is still the brutal clash of ranks of men on foot that calls back to the earliest of his training, the skills he learned at his father's knee. He and several men rush forward, and seeing his compatriots further ahead already locked in combat, he calls across to them. "We come brothers, sisters!" But any friendly cry is soon swallowed up as he and the men beside him crash into the enemy ranks. Down comes the axe, yet his foe in this case is ready for it, bracing his own weapon beneath the haft and halting the weapon's head short of its target.

*

He seems to give full effor to Faraman, a snarl on his features, he grunts, "Die lapdog!" It works, but it costs him, Carina bits at his side as he focuses on Faramn. Then, even with Faraman down, that Carina joined in means the Boar merc cannot move in to finish Faraman, or try to at least. He turns to her then, "You're next are you?" But he sort of weezes that, it seems he's losing interest in the fight, if she could gauge.
Near the River, its similar, with blows barely exchanged, ringing off plate or sword to sword. Thankfully the one facing two has a shield, better to defend with while Isabella works out finding her shot.

The Boars in this skirmish still had superior numbers, the flank by another unit cleared up to move out of town to help seems to do the trick. Before others can descend on Faraman or Carina, fresh bodies arrive. The one that meets with Aleksandr looks younger, fresher. Maybe from the west, beyond Bergatino. He opens his mouth to shout something as one might do in combat, but the sword of the man catches him a moment and instead he braces to meet with the foreign man.

*

There are three of them laughing over the ruckus they'd caused over towards the stables and as Alvise catches sight of them, so do two of the townfolks who seem to have mastered the art of the sword as well. They start moving in, each going after one, but that leaves the third for Alvise to decide whether to engage or command someone else to.

One of the ladies sees Marsilia, "Please help us, maybe a bucket line?" A nod towards the water, "Everyone is in a panic maybe you can help set something up? Our horses.. our horses." Obviously the woman is too distraught to do much herself.

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Faraman vs Merc2 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Faraman: Failed || Merc2: Failed |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|| Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Mount: |
| Passion: -5 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Both rolls failed this is a tie. |
(>
--------------—<)

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Carina vs Merc2 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Carina: Success || Merc2: Failed |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: sword Armor: full plate || Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Result: Carina wins the roll with their Success. |
| Carina rolls (4 4 4 3 3) for 18 total damage. |
| Armor and/or Shield reduces by 14. |
| Merc2 takes 4 damage. |
| Merc2 checks their Dex: Knockdown! |
(>
--------------—<)

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Aleksandr vs Merc3 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Aleksandr: Failed || Merc3: Failed |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: great aArmor: full plate || Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Mount: || Shield: Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Both rolls failed this is a tie. |
(>
--------------—<)

*

Upon sighting the three mercenaries, and the two approaching townfolk, Alvise moves to engage one of the mercenaries, thankful that the townspeople are diligent to their own defense, and hopeful that they haven't opened themselves up for more than they could handle. That hope was also there for himself, of course. He draws his sword and wades in.

*

(>-------<)
| Isabella (Compoundbow) |
| -----— |
| Critical Success! |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 10 Mod: 0 Total: 10 |
| Roll: 10 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

Faraman scrambles to his feet as quick as he can, even if blood is now leaking down his face from a blow that had landed on his helm, but also scored his forehead. Panting, he doens't have time to wipe the red out of his eyes, and his attack doesn't connect with anything but air. Still, he's on the offense, if only to ensure that his opponent never gets a moment to collect himself.

*

Isabella rolls 6d6 and gets (6 3 1 4 1 6) for a total of: (21)

*

GiovanniAcuto rolls 1d2 and gets (2) for a total of: (2)

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Aleksandr vs Merc3 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Aleksandr: Failed || Merc3: Failed |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: great aArmor: full plate || Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Mount: || Shield: Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Both rolls failed this is a tie. |
(>
--------------—<)

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Alvise vs Merc4 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Alvise: Success || Merc4: Failed |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: SWORD Armor: PARTIAL PLA|| Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Y Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Result: Alvise wins the roll with their Success. |
| Alvise rolls (2 1 5 2 3) for 13 total damage. |
| Armor and/or Shield reduces by 14. |
| Merc4 takes 0 damage. |
| Merc4 checks their Dex: Knockdown! |
(>
--------------—<)

*

"Oh, a fire! How exciting." Orazio says, with perhaps an odd detachment from the going ons of people losing their lives and livelyhoods. Just painting away and adding the flames of the stable to his work- "Facinating, really.." he mumbles to himself as he enjoys his afternoon under a tree, painting.

*

With the panic caused by the fire spreading all around them, some of Marsilia's guards get pushed back by spooked townsfolk, thus losing sight of their charge in the process and becoming ineffective in helping her cause! The young Contessa is a small thing and can easily be lost in the crowd as it is. It is on the woman's approach that gets her attention, that and on seeing her sister-in-law, Cosette, order for more buckets of water to be carried to help put out the flames. "Sister," She calls out to the other as she assists with the bucket line, making her way towards the stables, "Be careful, the fire spreads quickly. I will try to help free the animals."

*

Isabella let's another arrow loose, this time it seems to fly true, seeking and finding a separation in the armor of the Boar Company man and penetrating into them. Even Isabella blinks in surprise, her brown eyes widening a bit at the strike so true. Again she lifts her voice up trying to break through the small conflict around her, "Let us withdraw all, yes? To tend wound and see what tomorrow brings?" There's a hopefulness to her tone but she still draws another arrow, nervousness causing it to fumble some before a calm wind brings it to point.

*

Wading in, Alvise manages only a glancing blow against the mercenary, trying his best to avoid the man's shield. Still, in the moment, it is just enough to unbalance the fellow and send him to the ground. Knowing enough of swordplay to realize that this will surely give him a momentary advantage, Alvise moves to capitalize on the moment with another strike.

*

(>-------<)
| Cosette (Stewardship) |
| -----— |
| Failed |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 10 Mod: 0 Total: 10 |
| Roll: 19 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

A stubborn foe! Despite the northerners presence on the field, the intimidating threat of his heavy weapon… his foe stands firm. Several heavy blows are swung, Aleksandr at first paying less heed to complicated footwork or defensive tactics in his heavy armor, its own protection giving him the breathing room to lift his weapon high. Yet his foe also seems swift-footed, stepping clear of one such blow, and then pressing on his own attack to force the man for a few moments into a slightly more guarded posture. Behind his helm, itself a somewhat strange design with its human-like metallic faceplate, he grunts his annoyance.

*

The mercenary fighting Alvise gets hit and stumbles back in surprise, falling to the ground. Now he is at a distinct disadvantage and he scrambles to get to his sword so he can continue fighting. Some of the other men in the town rally around to help, but not all are talented at all. They call out, "Subdue them! Arrest them!"

*

Faraman gives Carina a brisk nod of acknowledgement for the assistance she's given him in dispatching his opponent. "Thanks." The tone might be gruff and breathless, but its a genuine sentiment offered without any sort of hesitation or reserve. He'd rather live than be the victor of a heroic one-on-one. With the foe fallen down and bleeding, he risks a moment to try to get some of the blood from his eyes so he can see what's going on around them in the skirmish. His hand clenches his sword right tight, the shield lifted up for protection, and he tries to listen to their superiors' commands through the ringing of his ears.

*

The Wyvern mercs near the River have the advantage, thanks to the keen eye and bow of Isabella. The boy gone, the men try to withdraw, though one Wyvern takes a swipe at a Boar. They agree for the now, consent to withdraw. The Boars take their fallen to retreat to the woods, the Wyverns turn to see all is well. "Good shot Signora," he might smile if any other day, but is feeling the heat as the sun rises. "You should take a contract." With their company.
Carina helped Faraman with that man, as they get up, the skirmish near them is widning down. (We'll let Aleksandr finish his skirmish, if he wants a second to help Faraman or Carina can join, but as soon as his guy is done, we'll assess results of the morning skirmish, but wounded can be taken from the field now, just away from the lingering fighting).

*

(>-------<)
| Marsilia (Valorous) |
| -----— |
| Critical Success! Valorous |
| -
------ |
| Valorous |
| Trait: 11 Roll: 11 |
(>-------<)

*

(>-------<)
| Cosette (Awareness) |
| -----— |
| Success |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 10 Mod: 0 Total: 10 |
| Roll: 5 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Aleksandr vs Merc3 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Aleksandr: Failed || Merc3: Success |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: great aArmor: full plate || Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Mount: || Shield: Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Result: Merc3 wins the roll with their Success. |
| Merc3 rolls (#-1 NUMBER OUT OF RANGE) for 0 total damage. |
| Armor and/or Shield reduces by 16. |
| Aleksandr takes 0 damage. |
(>
--------------—<)

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Alvise vs Merc4 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Alvise: Failed || Merc4: Success |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: SWORD Armor: PARTIAL PLA|| Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Y Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Result: Merc4 wins the roll with their Success. |
| Merc4 rolls (1 6 5 3) for 15 total damage. |
| Armor and/or Shield reduces by 14. |
| Alvise takes 1 damage. |
| Alvise checks their Dex: Knockdown! |
(>
--------------—<)

*

The bucket brigade is slow to assemble, but it does get there. The buckets are steady coming, the flames are quickly eating the wood, but the door has been soaked enough that it's not actually on fire anymore. Right beside it is though. Very close.

There are several wounded and some of the church ladies have placed blankets nearby the church, the flames are jumping near though. Even more are being carried over. One little girl tugs on Cosette's skirt, "My mama is hurt, she's there," pointing out a woman who had burns on her hands trying to get to their horses. She's trying to be brave for the little boy who is trying to act like the man of the house and protect his mother. They are all close to tears though.

*

Despite how quickly (or not so quickly!) the water brigade lines move, Marsilia knows full well that the animals trapped within the stables may not have the time to spare to wait out a watery rescue. There are some already who are trying to open up the stable doors despite the heat of the flames threatening to burn them and the smoke which pollutes the air around them. As a lover of animals herself, being surrounded by them since her childhood, the young Contessa is more than determined to get them out and to safety before they suffer even more. Despite her small stature, she adds in her strength to help open up the door up, all the while trying to make soothing sounds to help calm the animals down some.

*

GiovanniAcuto rolls 4d6 and gets (5 2 1 1) for a total of: (9)

*

Overplaying his hand by a good amount, Alvise manages to place himself in such a position that his sword misses, his shield is out of place to protect from the return stroke, and his balance is off enough that he crashes to the ground, himself. It is a tour de force performance, accentuated by a few choice curses as he, in turn, seeks to protect himself while struggling back to his feet.

*

Isabella gives a soft laugh towards the soldier's comment of taking a contract and she shakes her head, "No thank you sir. I much prefer my usual days of fashion and shopping with my Contessa. You were quite honorable and noble this day. Thank you for joining me to rescue that child. Now let us make our way back to town before they regroup and decide to opt for greater numbers."

*

"No problem." Carina tells Faraman, giving him a once over to check for any damage. She takes a breather for a moment then notes Aleksandr fighting his own. She nods, "Shall we?" Invite themselves to help, "Or?" Intending on following whatever he decides.

*

(>-------<)
| Orazio (Industry) |
| -----— |
| Success |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 10 Mod: 0 Total: 10 |
| Roll: 3 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

Faraman follows Carina's gaze through an opening in the skirmish, and one of his Wyvern brothers-at-arms (Aleksandr) in tussle with an opponent. And even if it feels like absolute shit, the bleeding mercenary maneuvers in that direction to see if he can't make the odds beautifully unfair. "Just keep moving," he tells himself. "The nurse'll be beautiful, and she'll hand feed you grapes and pour sweet wine down your throat. It won't be an ugly one eyed old cripple like last time. It'll be.." the rest comes out as a mumble between gritted teeth as he prepares to get into the thick of it again. Since he's a bit dizzy, he suggest to Carina: "You go in first, I'll watch your back." Since there might not be room for both of them to engage.

*

As before, the lack of shield and wide wind-ups and broad swings of his axe do leave some notable holes in Aleksandr's defense, though his incaution is not mere recklessness: the armor does serve its purpose, as his foe's blow beneath his guard easily bounces from his armor. "You are starting to bother me here, little man."

*

Cosette has partially disconnected.

*

There's a brief kick against the door as the animals try and get free all at once as soon as the door is opened. Their eyes roll, they huff and whinny, but the sounds from Marsilia seem to calm them. One trots out, freedom found, and directs itself to the small river while several others follow after. there's a mad dash from those in the back but each and every horse manages to get free thanks to Marsilias efforts. The fire rages on but thanks to the bucket brigade it isn't getting any closer to the church at all, infact the flames are starting to maybe look a little smaller.

*

Cosette is drawn to the little girl at her side then follows her hand pointing out the injured woman. "And you are not, how fortunate for you. See that woman just there?" She points to Marisilia, "You'll need to be brave and help as you can with the empty buckets. I will see to your mother's injuries." Giving the young girl an encouraging pat, Cosette stands upright again, calling out to her sister-in-law, "And you!" Then she's quickly moving towards the injured woman and son, "Until they have ceased their attacks I fear any attempts to leave may be seized upon. Allow me to see to your hands hmm?" She asked while reaching into her leather satchel filled with healing salves and cloth strips for bandage. "While you may not be able grasp anything, you can hook the buckets onto your elbows, like so. Everyone will be needed. Even you young man."

*

(>-------<)
| Cosette (Firstaid) |
| -----— |
| Success |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 10 Mod: 0 Total: 10 |
| Roll: 3 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

Cristofano arrives from the TinyPlot Rooms.

*

Cristofano has arrived.

*

The little girl is so very grateful for something to do, but she gives a solemn nod to Cosette, "Thank you," she says with some reverence before hurrying over to help with the buckets, looking back only once to see the lady with her mom.

*

"I think I'm going to need a second canvas…" Orazio mumbles to himself as he sets up a second easel and another canvas frame to continue painting the scenes before him as they unfold- a series of images caught in time. The battle ongoing, chaos and death and pain- fire and fear. And, apparently, one man's art- painting away.

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Aleksandr vs Merc2 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Aleksandr: Failed || Merc2: Failed |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: great aArmor: full plate || Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Mount: || Shield: Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Both rolls failed this is a tie. |
(>
--------------—<)

*

While Cosette tends to her, the woman gives a brave smile. "You are very good with her. I thought she was going to panic." She sends her son off to help as well, and he dutifully goes after giving the mother a fierce hug. The woman remains still so Cosette can tend to her wounds.

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Carina vs Merc3 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Carina: Success || Merc3: Failed |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: sword Armor: full plate || Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Result: Carina wins the roll with their Success. |
| Carina rolls (5 5 6 6 5) for 27 total damage. |
| Armor and/or Shield reduces by 14. |
| Merc3 takes 13 damage. |
| Merc3 checks their Dex: Success. |
(>
--------------—<)

*

Carina follows over to Aleksandr and without asking moves in to attack as Faraman insinuated for her to do. Glad to be back into the fray, she fights at the side of the other Wyvern merc.

*

Even as he hits the larger Eastern man, the young westerner realizes he's done no damage for the moment. There is an explicitive dropped at that, but he holds his ground. With an inhale he mutters for a blessing under breath and presses on agains the man with the great sword. They exchange a miss, but her sword bites at his side
Meanwhile near the stables, Alvise is knocked down as the man gets up to try and run. Some of the citizens jump in to grab at him, giving Alvise a moment to get up for now. "Get off me," the man demands as his comrades do not stay to help. He shakes them off but remains standing with sword in hand now.

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Alvise vs Merc4 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Alvise: Failed || Merc4: Failed |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: SWORD Armor: PARTIAL PLA|| Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Y Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Both rolls failed this is a tie. |
(>
--------------—<)

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Aleksandr vs Merc2 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Aleksandr: Failed || Merc2: Failed |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: great aArmor: full plate || Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Mount: || Shield: Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Both rolls failed this is a tie. |
(>
--------------—<)

*

Alvise gets to his feet as the townsfolk surround his opponent and the other mercenary skirmishers. "Just as I planned it," he mutters as the merc shakes off the citizens and starts apart to face him again. The two seem as equally matched in skill as in equipment, and Alvise is unable to land another solid blow for some time.

*

stands apart^

*

"You're good," Faraman tells Carina. "Moving on." Clipped words to deliver the information before he sets off in the direction of Alvise and the burning stables. He fights through his dizziness and that lingering sense of off-ness that had accompanied his interactions with his initial opponent. He makes to flank the foe and turn a fair fight into a decidedly unfair fight.

*

Once the heavy wooden bar locking the stable is lifted, Marsilia feels some of that tension wash away. The stable door itself swings open easily enough now that it is no longer locked down and the horses begin to filter out. It was a beautiful sight to behold, watching all of those majestic beasts gracefully escaping the smoldering stables. So much so that the usually meticulous young woman doesn't notice the smudges of dirt and smoke on her elegant dress. Soon enough, with the help of some of the children and other townsfolk, the once burning stables halts it advancement as it slowly beging to dwindle into nothingness. Only when given this time to take in her surroundings once more does she notice that her own brother, Alvise, is facing a dangerous foe not too far from where she now stands. Making her way in that direction now, she refrains from calling out to her kin, not wishing to distract him, as she tries to see if there is anything that she can actually do to help…

*

Isabella parts ways with the Wyveren soldiers once they are back behind lines some, letting them get back to their company while she starts making her way towards the town to track down where her mare went and to see to her original task of handing out food. Her bow is held in hand and in the other the bundle of arrows are grasped. Stuck halfway between her destination and the lines, she pauses to glance at the skirmishes not far off, managing a soft sigh and shudder now that she is out of the immediate threat to herself, the rush of adrenaline beginning to fade.

*

The folks of the town and the animals freed will certainly be eternally for the bravery of the young lady that stepped forward to save so much. There is a big cheer once they are all freed, mostly from some of the younger kids who had been so worried.

*

Cosette was carefully applying the salve and paste onto the woman's burned hands a long with some few words of encouragement and instruction on when they should be changed next. "They'll be a little numb for a while until the next day or so, it will be painful as this starts to boil and blister. When this is all over we may have a few Sisters remaning here to help with the injured." She included the woman in prayer before moving onto the next one she would find that was injured. There's a man with a gash on his shoulder in need of stitching. Unfortunately the numbing salve wouldn't do any good here. "You, there, sit still." Next she's retreiving some thread and a needle.

*

Carina glances over at Faraman as he moves off, a slight squint to her expression, but then it's back in the game, her sword hefted as she awaits Aleksandr to take his attack then she will follow through with her own afterwards, so they don't accidentally hit each other.

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Carina vs Merc2 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Carina: Success || Merc2: Failed |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: sword Armor: full plate || Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Result: Carina wins the roll with their Success. |
| Carina rolls (1 5 3 6 3) for 18 total damage. |
| Armor and/or Shield reduces by 14. |
| Merc2 takes 4 damage. |
| Merc2 checks their Dex: Success. |
(>
--------------—<)

*

(>-------<)
| Cosette (Chirurgery) |
| -----— |
| Success |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 10 Mod: 0 Total: 10 |
| Roll: 2 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

The man looks up, "Thank you, Sister." He remains still and calm so she can find the thread and fix him up. One of the fellows at the outlying areas is dragged up, but by the looks of him he is hanging onto life by a thread and hasn't long left.

*

Aleksandr continues in what seems like a long and fruitless exchange with his slippery opponent. Seeing one of his comrades come up behind - he certainly doesn't warn the poor fellow, although perhaps this means the man is still more focused on the axe, stepping clear of it again but then failing to move quickly enough to avoid the woman's blow. "I apprecative the assitance, though it is hardly necessary. This one fights like a rat, more than a bear."

*

Isabella has left.

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Aleksandr vs Merc2 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Aleksandr: Success || Merc2: Fumble! |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: great aArmor: full plate || Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Mount: || Shield: Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Result: Aleksandr wins the roll with their Success. |
| Aleksandr rolls (5 2 6 4 2) for 19 total damage. |
| Armor and/or Shield reduces by 14. |
| Merc2 takes 5 damage. |
| Merc2 checks their Dex: Success. |
(>
--------------—<)

*

And Orazio? Painting still- now adding the section of the town where the barn is opened and freedom for the horses and animals within- just quietly recording with his own flare and style. His own artistic license.

Orazio's second canvas fills quickly enough as he somehow manages to capture all the chaos- painting the invaders as brutes and dispicable creatures while the nobility of Matora's allies shines through in every stroke.

*

Aleksandr rolls 6d6 and gets (3 2 4 1 4 6) for a total of: (20)

*

Alvise and the fire starting merc exchange blows, a ring is nearby, of helpful citizens who don't want him to escape but also don't want the sword he has to sting them. Faraman arrives to give assistance.
Aleksandr makes contact with his foe, the younger western man, already hit by Carina he umphs at the blow as the man's axe draws blood. He back step but stays wherehe is for the moment, unaware of the rest of the skirmish for the moment.

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Faraman vs Merc4 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Faraman: Failed || Merc4: Fumble! |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|| Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Y Mount: |
| Passion: -5 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Both rolls failed this is a tie. |
(>
--------------—<)

*

"Wyvern on your left," Faraman tells Alvise in a terse tone, not wanting the other man to suddenly cleave the Wyvern's head in two by mistake. Blood's made a mask over his face, a shiny crimson sheet that attracts the brown dust to darken its hue. It dyes his beard, too. He blinks to keep it out of his eyes as he sets back hacking and stabbing at the Boar opponent. It doesn't immediately come to much effect, however.

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Alvise vs Merc4 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Alvise: Failed || Merc4: Failed |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|| Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Y Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Both rolls failed this is a tie. |
(>
--------------—<)

*

The fire starter moves to swing at Alvise, unaware at first another is joining. "The what," he says, not being hit by either one, still giving pause his sword catches on the nearby buildings. It doesn't stick in the wood, but he's started enough that his sword falls to the ground. He seems itching to grab for it, but is currently unarmed as the two seem to join up against him. A sharp eye turns to the side, towards the forests were most of the mercs camp and wait to initiate future skirmishes, uncertainty in those eyes of his for the now.

*

As the Wyvern comes up to assist, Alvise continues to probe his opponent's defenses. The man should be good and aware by now that this moment does not end with him running free through a field of flowers, but, so far, he continues his defiance. Alvise is content with the current state of affairs, and does not rush. When the merc loses his sword, however, he simply states, "This will not end better for you in ten seconds that it would right now. You know this."

*

Carina takes up the side of her compadre, her sword lifted to retaliate from blows suffered earlier by a different opponent. Her sword rings out as it clashes with metal and mostly, the strength behind it isn't quite enough to cut through the armor, but she starts aiming higher, to work and chip at his head or neck.

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Carina vs Merc2 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Carina: Failed || Merc2: Failed |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: sword Armor: full plate || Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Both rolls failed this is a tie. |
(>
--------------—<)

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Aleksandr vs Merc2 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Aleksandr: Success || Merc2: Critical Success |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: great aArmor: full plate || Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Mount: || Shield: Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Result: Merc2 wins the roll with their Critical Success. |
| Merc2 rolls (4 3 2 1 2 5 2 3) for 22 total damage. |
| Armor and/or Shield reduces by 16. |
| Aleksandr takes 6 damage. |
| Aleksandr checks their Dex: Success. |
(>
--------------—<)

*

The bucket brigade is slowly but steadily doing their duties and the fire is going out, just some of the hay out back still ignited. The building is a complete loss but the animals are free. Still, steadily they work, having saved the fire from spreading to other buildings while Marsilia watches over her brother and Cosette tends to the wounded.

*

Failed.
GiovanniAcuto makes a check for Antonio's Escape from Collapsing parts of the Stables at 10, he rolled 13.

*

Aleksandr finally lands a heavy blow against the man he is fighting - or perhaps a heavy blow for his target, it is an average enough swing for the large foreigner! Despite now having their target well pinned between them, though, it remains stubborn to the last, somehow defending itself against Carina's onlaught and then, when the emboldened mercenary seeks to follow up the strike by hefting his own axe high above once more, finds that the target quickly spins about and manages to drive his sword-tip under one of the joints in his armor. "You see? Like a rat!"

*

A man near his 40's has been helping, he tries to step in closer to get his bucket extra far into that blaze. He makes an educated gamble against the chaos of the burning blaze. He throws his bucket in, some smoke rizes, that blazing supprot beam sizzles, parts go out, some evaporates before it does any good. Then creeeeaaak! A beam falls. "My leg!" He panicks as flames lap up along the board towards Antonio.

*

Now the man against Aleksandr and Carina is backed up, but bravely fighting on. More a fight for his life. They have him and he makes a desparate pitch with his sword, wildly with a miss at Carina, the same towards Aleksandr and perhaps a little too lucky of a swing as it seems to find its way to flehs. The heft of the axe and his erratic, quick spin makes contact and he presses back, bravely, or stupidly. "You're the rat, filth!" He finds his voice and snarls his near curse at the largern eastern man. Sweat collects from under his helm, dirt kicks up from the field to cake and he fights on agains the odds.

*

(>-------<)
| Merc4 (Valorous) |
| -----— |
| Failed Cowardly |
| -
------ |
| Valorous |
| Trait: 10 Roll: 14 |
| Cowardly |
| Trait: 10 Roll: 18 |
(>-------<)

*

Cosette had encouraged the man with a shoulder gash to sit as she began working the needle and thread to bring the open wound to a close. No aid for numbing or alcohol was provided so the man would have to endure the anguish while her fingers carefully worked. There were more coming, people hosting various injuries to varied degrees. Once finished with the shoulder wound she called out for her sibling, "Marsilia, sister come!" There was one man laying nearby that was dragged to her, in bad shape, his injures to severe.

*

Filled with adrenaline after the day's events thus far, Marsilia very well may have marched over to try to help her brother in any way, but there is a sense of relief that washes over her when it seems that he is no longer in any danger. Especially, when one of the mercenaries steps in to assist. Still, she cannot help but keep a very wary eye on Alvise, even when she is both startled and alarmed by the sounds coming from within the stables once it begins to collapse. Instinctively, she moves aside to not be in caught in the falling debris, but someone else doesn't seem so lucky! Quickly, her eyes narrow as she peers through all the smoke and rubble to finally locate where the injured man is calling from, noticing that Cosette is on her way there as well, "Everyone has to work together and move swiftly." She says as she moves to direct the bucket brigade towards the man to quench the fire before poor Antonio is burned up. "We need to lift the board in order to get him out. Beware of the flames."

*

Meanwhile near the burning Stables, not too close to Antonia, the two men have the fire starter cornered so to speak. Wisdom is the better part of valor, he finally nods, and lifts his hands. "I do, I yield to you Signori." Difference to both, not that he knows they are of houses but out of respect to them, as captors. "You've won this moment." Then he stands steady, letting the other two decide his fate for the moment, having yielded to them. He still glances back to see his companions are long gone and out of sight, a slow eye roll back to his current captors.

*

(>-------<)
| Marsilia (Stewardship) |
| -----— |
| Failed |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 10 Mod: 0 Total: 10 |
| Roll: 13 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Carina vs Merc2 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Carina: Failed || Merc2: Failed |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: sword Armor: full plate || Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Both rolls failed this is a tie. |
(>
--------------—<)

*

(>-------<)
| Cosette (Firstaid) |
| -----— |
| Success |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 10 Mod: 0 Total: 10 |
| Roll: 1 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Aleksandr vs Merc2 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Aleksandr: Success || Merc2: Success |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: great aArmor: full plate || Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Mount: || Shield: Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Result: Aleksandr wins as their roll was higher. |
| Aleksandr rolls (6 1 5 6 2) for 20 total damage. |
| Armor and/or Shield reduces by 14. |
| Merc2 takes 6 damage. |
| Merc2 checks their Dex: Success. |
(>
--------------—<)

*

Aleksandr rolls 1d6 and gets (5) for a total of: (5)

*

The young man, bold after the strike on Aleksandr gets too far ahead of himself. The axe bites deeply and red seeps through his armor where it bites. His eyes go wide. He nearly looks at Aleksandr then, but collapses unconscious due to his injuries.

*

Faraman grunts as the man yields. He looks towards Alvise, giving the man a brief nod and then leaving him to collect the prisoner while he himself starts to look back at how Carine and Aleksandr are doing. They're fine, though. Panting, he wipes some more blood out of his eyes and looks around to assess the greater skirmish's progress.

*

Alvise stands over the man's fallen sword and motions with his shield arm for members of the citizenry to come forward and take the man captive. Perhaps there will be need for exchange of captives later, or he might have funds available the town could demand in recompense for the lost buildings and injuries as damages. Or he could be slaughtered in cold blood at a later point if that seems the correct thing. Allowing time and, hopefully, some other person or set of persons, to make that determination, Alvise watches over the man and his movements as he is taken into custody. Just in case. "Your assistance was timely," he also notes to Faraman as the latter moves away.

*

It was hot out and Carina wasn't even pulling fair on her side of the fight. A distraction at best, she finds it difficult to lift and swing her blade time after time after time wearing that blasted heavy armor she's got on. Chain was her thing usually. A growl as she once again misses and she takes a step back to try and catch her breath. Just in time to watch Aleksandr cut him down. A nod is given his way but she just can't find words yet.

*

Success
GiovanniAcuto makes a check for Wyvern Commander (Battle 15 - 5 from initial failure) Followers Fate at 10, he rolled 5.

*

Success
GiovanniAcuto makes a check for Order of Boar Commander (Battle 12) Followers Fate at 12, he rolled 8.

*

And here the northman shows (at long last, admittedly) why his people have spread so far and wide as mercenary soldiers. The days of their own great conquests may be in the past, but there is no doubting the simple power of a big man with a bigger axe: it is something not even the best steel can turn away. Obviously angered by that last blow, Aleksandr brings the axe down with a crunch, caving in a section of his foes armor and biting into the flesh beyond. That finally makes the poor lad crumple, and he gives his compatriot a nod. "See? A stubborn one, this. But not much anymore. Come, let us see what else awaits in this day." His voice is friendly and jovial, despite the impassive visage of his helm's eerie faceplate.

*

As combatants now have a moment to look up, both Wyvern Commander and Order of the Boar call to withraw. As both start to pull wounded back, its clear the Boar had a slight advantage in positioning when the skirmish was engaged. But it was only one such prong of their plan. The morning skirmish was close to even as it stands, but it was meant to wear down the forces and it allowed a brief slip for the fire to be started.

Near the fire, they move to help Antonia as the Contessa indicates, following her orders, but not all are ready with buckets. One man decides on his ownto try and lift the board, but burns his hand in the process. Slowly they begin to lift that beam.
Near Cosette, the man looks on the doorway of death itself. Breathing but completely out. She quickly administers first aid, not only collecting but stopping the flow of red from the man. Its still left uncertain, but after she stablizes him, there is a cough and a sputter, as he then looks about, trying to gain his bearing. He tries to scrabble as if still in the mingle of soldiers, but barely moves. He blinks more trying to find his bearing, coughing, then a whisper of a scratch, "Thank you."

*

The prisoner with Faraman and Alvise, he goes quietly to be bond and kept with any other prisoners, in the Parsonage near the stables. The townsfolk will make room, before transporting to any proper holdings in the small city of Viergues itself, but the church is at hand for this.

*

"No problem," Faraman comments to Alvise, wincing a little. "Its what we do, right. Glorious battle and all that yada." He grunts as he hears the command to withdraw, and makes no protests. He gives an upnod in Carina's direction. "You alright? Mind letting the boss know I'm going to find someone to have a look at my head? Hurts like a bitch." And head wounds being bleeders, it looks right grotesque. His eyes are wide, but the rest of his face is darkened by blood, even his teeth.

*

"Put the fire out first." Marsilia directs, offering the man with the burned hand a sharp look, but decides to add on, "We'll have someone tend to you. For now, get those hands cooled." Stopping the fire is their primary goal if they are ever going to get Antonio out from the rubble without anyone else getting injured. With part of her retinue at her side once more, she works more fervently in helping to keep the bucket line moving so that they can move on to the next step and rescue the downed townsman. Several strands of her golden hair become loose and falls partially into her face due to her efforts.

*

"Stubborn," expletive. Carina glares daggers at the crumpled lad but makes no move to attack him now that he is down and out. She sheaths her sword and knocks her helm off, tucking it beneath an arm. They had losses, she could see that from the fallen, but they had cause some too. Hearing Faraman, she looks over towards him, "Not such a pretty boy now." A smirk given in his direction. Not that he'd ever been such a pretty boy, right? "Go find a needle and some thread and I'll fix it for ya." Though she makes no move to do that. She approaches the stables and looks inside to see what was going on there. It seemed under control, so she makes no further moves, just watches.

*

With the third firestarting merc in custody, Alvise is able to take a moment to assess the situation. The fighting has stopped for the time being, but the fire still needs a bit of tending to, and there's a man still being pulled out of what remains of the stables. Uncertain exactly what to do, he walks the short distance over to the stables, near where his youngest sister is directing traffic, to either help with what needs doing or to be near where other people are doing what needs doing and, thus, to be plausibly helpful in later tellings of the tale.

*

Its not a major wound Faraman has endured, nothing that'll cripple him, but on the other hand he wouldn't have been able to take many more like that. He sheathes his sword and slips his shield onto his back. His helmet comes off as well, his dark hair falling about his face in a bloody and sweaty slick mess. He makes a coughing sound that in the end turns out to have been something of a chuckle. "I'll see what I can find," he tells her. He drifts towards where the healers had set up, to look for supplies (or that beautiful nurse of his dreams to feet him grape and sweet wine, because Carina is unlikely to do either!)

*

There is a nod from the man with burned hands, "Sorry Signora, just," he starts to explain after the sorry, but nods. She was right, he should of put the fire out first, and as she tells him to get aid, he moves to do so. Others come in and focus on the fire lapping a the beam that has Antonia trapped, he looks up, "Quick quick, I need my leg." For work of course, another of the townsfolks assures him, "We'll free you Tony, wouldn't have the Convivial without you." Heartened a little, they work to get the beam under control, more parts of the building collapse as they work together to stop the fire from spreading and put it out all together.
The man who led the first skirmish against the Mercs commands, "Get everyone in, count heads, make sure no one is left on the field. I'll double back to Cavalieri Tomasia, see what the plans are." To regroup, but his group gets some rest for now. He does not concern over fire or trapped men at the moment. There is an active enemy out there. There are mutters, a runner comes to him, something about movement from the woods to the west to the hills to the north. Perhaps the next foray by mercs towards the town. "DO we have any scouts with eyes, get someone to a high point." He looks around, giving that slight pause before proceeding to Cavalieri Tomasia it would seem.

*

Once they've withdrawn to some relative safety, Aleksandr does at last lift up the faceplate of his helm, revealing the face behind the face, as it were, and a bit of his red hair. There is also a bit of a testing poke at his side, where the lad slipped his sword inside his armor joints. "He had no shortage of good luck… until it ran out," he comments with a mild grunt, more annoyance than pain, though… perhaps to cover up the pain, too. Rejoining Faraman and other friendly faces from the company, the idea fo fetch some healing supplies seems a sound one, although he has his own concern. "What's there to drink in this town?"

*

By her efforts among the injured Cosette's prestine appearance upon arrival had been tained with blood smears by those she aided. In between the patience, she takes some time to try and at least rinse her hands with a nearby bucket filled with crimson colored water. The man on his last thread would last, for the day perhaps. Only the Paragons knew when he'd be called home. In the man's efforts to move and resume fighting Cosette quickly returns to his side, urging him to remain still. "Be of ease, remain as you are." She commands of him gently, "It is by the Paragons mercy you've been spared this day, tomorrow is still very uncertain." A hand lays upon his shoulder, "When the fighting is over we shall have you moved somewhere more comfortable. Until then rest." She also takes the opportunity to search for more that have been injured.

*

(>-------<)
| Cosette (Awareness) |
| -----— |
| Success |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 10 Mod: 0 Total: 10 |
| Roll: 4 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

"No idea, but I like the way you think," Faraman tells Aleksandr at the mention of some booze. "Probably aught to stop the bleeding before we pour down, though." He looks around to see that the Commander isn't around to overhear the plan to acquire booze. "Aughta ask a local. I mean, we're the heroes of the moment. Always cash in on gratitude while its fresh. Its like a ripe fruit. Delicious when you pluck it, but if you wait it'll never be the same."

*

Alcohol? Well, Orazio rarely paints without it. He's on his third piece of all the battle art he's doing- happily sipping away at a silver cup filled with grappa while he tries something a bit more 'actiony' with his third piece. Humming to himself from under his tree, just exploring the art in tragedy.

*

The search for more wounded at this point shows more of the outcomes, a handful are beyond recovery as they come in, with a few more still wounded. After the nearly dead man, most have minor wounds. One man is holding his hand, its a major wound. One might guess it would serve better removed, as a recovery would be deformed such as to nearly be an impediment to the man. No way the hand will work again, he may never even feel with it again. He looks slightly in shock (for the actual awareness check).

*

"Moderation." Carina mutters to Faraman. It was an old argument, for them anyway, but she smirks when she looks up to his head. "Just go find your princess to sew you up first. Then rinse off that blood from your face and your teeth. You'll scare all of the children." Checking out the area, she makes no moves in any direction. Her eyes drop to Aleksandr, to the blood from the wound he'd suffered. "May want to hold a little pressure there until you're fixed up." She's full of pointless advice.

*

As Alvise stands near the stables, adjusting his equipment and checking for damages, he sees a small group of children excitedly approaching and saying, "Over there! That's our hero! Fantastic!" He smiles and begins to say, "Oh, I wouldn't actually say hero…" as the children move past him and point adoringly to Marsilia. He continues, dryly, "…and you wouldn't, either," said entirely to himself. Animal lovers, I suppose. Kids love those horses.

*

(>-------<)
| Carina (Chirurgery) |
| -----— |
| Success |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 8 Mod: 0 Total: 8 |
| Roll: 6 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

"Its good for both," Aleksandr declares, evidently considering imminent drinking *part* of whatever medical procedures might be required, rather than a separate affair. "For the pain and for the soul. And besides," he now remarks, tone turning mildly grim as their wandering passes the triage area and the women toiling there - indeed maybe eying up the pair of di Farro's a little wolfishly. "By the looks of it, there's a few who need tending more urgently than we." Just as quickly, he pivots back to the jovial. "So let's drink! Come, come!" It seems he has no concerns as far as the chain of command goes, either, at least with the moment's fighting at an ebb. Why stress the little details? But the idea of finding some local guide is not misplaced, and he may question a passing man or two (and despite not trying to be intimidating, finding them somewhat nervous in their replies) before looking back to Carina and Faraman. "You've been hiding a princess? Tsk. I thought we all shared!" He has at least opened up his armor down the side to poke a little at the wound. "I know. But a drink first. I'll pour what's left over it." See? There is a practical purpose. Thus, off he goes to the nearest tavern!

*

Cosette is mindful to know when to ask for assitance with certain injuries. The less severe are advised to excise patience before they're tended to. However the man with an injured hand receives a small shake of the head, "I am sorry but this wound is far too severe to allow your hand to be useful. The choice is yours Signore. Keep it and allow it to fester or we try to move it here." There may be booze around, as she overheard the chatter of others make mentions of their thirst. "Signores! Signoras!" She called out to the company of men and women all too eager to drink, attempting to gain their attention by waving her hand. "There are wounded here! There is a greater purpose for what you may find in the taverns and it should have a priority to those in need!"

*

Oh no children! Marsilia is soon swarmed by children and since the area is still a little dangerous, she says in the most politest voice possible, "Now, now. The horses need looking after so that they are kept safe and away from the damage here." The last thing she wants are crispy children. From behind the smiling faces though, she does notice Alvise and she graces him with a pleased smile that she now sees that he is safe. "Good work with the …arson." She can only assume the identity of the one her brother was beating on! With that said, she works to ensure that the fire is completely out and that her guards with the help of the villagers take care to lift that wicked plank from off of Antonio's leg.

*

Faraman slants a sideways look in Carina's direction. "Yes, yes. Moderation. Wouldn't want to actually be drunk incase of another attack. Just taking the edge off, that's all. What he said. For the, uh, pain and the soul. Its medicinal." He scratches at his beard, and his gauntlets come off bloody. With annoyance he peals them off and stuffs them down the front of his sword belt so they're out of the way. He seems more dubious about the proposition of _just_ drinking, however. Or just pouring alcohol onto the wound. He considers it, then shakes his head. Nope. Faraman demands proper medical attention to ensure his continued survival! Still, a tavern might have those medical supplies, right? so the mercenaries end up in the tavern where Collette is trying to stop more right-thinking people from solving problems through alochol.

*

"Of course you'd want to be drunk in case of another attack." Carina corrects him with jest, but she follows along with those heading for the tavern, finding some way to rid herself of this exhausted feeling. "I hate this armor," the words more abstract than anything though. "Almost weighs more than I do." Not really. Shooting a look to Aleksandr, she gives a nod as if pouring the drink on it will do for now. "Can't have either one of you down next during the battle."

*

It's then that Carina realizes they were being shouted to and she nudges the others by smacking her gauntlet on them. "They need some help. First we injure them, then we heal them. C'mon Faraman. Your ladies await." Instead of the tavern, she strides over. "What can I help with, Sister?"

*

Aleksandr draws up short of the tavern as one of the ladies he was eying now starts yelling at them. "There's wounded -here-," he tells Cosette, pointing at his own side. Which is a bit bloody. So is his axe, the long-handled weapon resting on one shoulder. "Don't deny a man his pleasures when they may be his last. Besides-" But here he doesn't even have to say it, as Faraman echoes the earlier words, and he just juts his thumb at the other man. 'For the pain and the soul.' New Wyvern drinking mantra? And yet, while he seems a little dismissive of the woman's moderation, he does offer: "If you need some for your work, I'll fetch it." With that he continues in his stride, kicking open the door ahead of him and into yonder tavern. STILL WITH THE BLOODY AXE. "Barman, you about? Bring a couple casks of whatever's strongest. There's folk in need." Is this a robbery? A humanitarian request?! It's a little hard to say. But he's helping!

*

Cosette is attempting to wash her hands again with the bucket that desperately needed a refresh of river water. When Aleksandr announce they too are injured she makes a quick study of the group's standing, which was far better than those gathered in turn of treatment. She says nothing however, the head nods while call out in return, "You do those with greater suffering a kindness Signore!" She returns before her attention shifted to Carina on her approach, a hinting smile appeared in the corners of her mouth. "Ah thank you, those here will be appreciative. This man, here." She points to the one with the disfigured hand. "We must have it removed. I will need your assistance to hold him steady and feed him as much alcohol as possible." A small pause before her next request. "And something to sever his hand."

*

"But I need help!" Faraman complains as Carina goes to offer the Sister assistance. He watches Aleksandr go about his pillage (helping), and ends up standing there alone with only the company of his own very bloody face. With a grunt he eyes a nearby bench and simply collapses into it. "Ugh," he complains when his sword and shield gets in the way, so both are discarded onto the nearby table. His eyes close, his chin drops, and like the professional soldier (and lay-about) that he is, he's going to do what he does best: Fall asleep anywhere, any time. Someone'll wake him when something needs to be done. Like killing, or drinking, or.. something.

*

Alvise has left.

*

Carina walks over towards the Sister and collects some bloody water from one of the pails into a torn strip of cloth. "Let me help my friend over here. He can't even hardly see." And lo and behold an angel approaches Faraman in the guise of one sweaty, grumpy mercenary. "Just close your eyes," though they already are, and likely he's already asleep. She tends to his cut, even manages to find something to sew him back up, while trying not to wake him. The teeth and beard and all the rest of him he gets to clean himself. She's not /that/ nice.

*

At the Beech Knots, there is a Barman there, most likely packing up what he could. Either in case the fire spread or to just leave the town when the next opening came to do so, the news of the attacked wagons having reached him. He looks up about to spout of a no, but then, large man, great axe, blood, and he falters. "Some cask for the soldiers," he says, then nods sharpley, "Right away, Singore." He turns to not have to face the man, but there, robbed huminitarianly, he is moving to get casks for the soldiers at least now. Maybe a few casks, not the best stuff. Swill, but with contents of alcohol just the same.

*

"Ow! You're a damn butcher!" Is Faraman's response to Carina's decision to help him. No good deed goes unpunished!

*

Not being the only Devotion around there were others wandering about the mostly quiet small town to tend to the wounded and such. Cosette gave Carina a nod as she departed to tend to her fighting companion's wounds. The man with the useless hand could only wait until the alcohol was brought, until that time the Devotion offered to say a prayer for his recover and for who ever will be the one to swing the blade down that their aim is true.

*

As soon as Carina is done, though, Faraman is back to closing his eyes and nodding off. Likely to sleep until the next skirmish, whatever his earlier professed claim of wanting to booze it off. In addition to the cut which Carina sowed up, there's a swelling there as well.

*

"In your dreams, Faraman." Carina grumbles back to him, finishing up and stepping back. Taking the time, she finds him a big cup or mug of drink and thrusts it into his hand. "Drink up and rest, I'm going to go help out." And so she does, helping where she can, closing the eyes of those where it's too late and murmuring a few words to them.

*

(>-------<)
| Cosette (Firstaid) |
| -----— |
| Failed |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 10 Mod: 0 Total: 10 |
| Roll: 18 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

Aleksandr emerges some time later from the tavern with the barman in tow, carrying one cask himself and the man with the others. Finally he arrives to heavily THUD down what he's carrying, and directs the other man to put down what he's carried. "Here you are, sister. These for the others, and this one for me." Yep, he claims one himself, getting it open and leveraging it above his head to drink right from the large container. He gulps down a good amount, and then, true to his word, pours a good bit down over his side. "This is real shite," he informs the barman, not accusatorily, just factually. "But it'll do for now. Hope you'll break out the better stuff when we've held the town, hmm?" With that, he sits to drink and be tended. For pain and for the soul!

*

(>-------<)
| Cosette (Manipulate) |
| -----— |
| Success |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 15 Mod: 0 Total: 15 |
| Roll: 7 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

(>-------<)
| Carina (Chirurgery) |
| -----— |
| Failed |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 8 Mod: 0 Total: 8 |
| Roll: 19 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

(>-------<)
| Carina (Firstaid) |
| -----— |
| Failed |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 8 Mod: 0 Total: 8 |
| Roll: 17 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

(>-------<)
| Cosette (Firstaid) |
| -----— |
| Success |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 10 Mod: 0 Total: 10 |
| Roll: 2 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

Livino arrives from the TinyPlot Rooms.

*

Livino has arrived.

*

Aleksandr rolls 1d3 and gets (3) for a total of: (3)

*

Cosette has partially disconnected.

*

(>-------<)
| Carina (Stewardship) |
| -----— |
| Failed |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 8 Mod: 0 Total: 8 |
| Roll: 15 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

Faraman slowly wakes up, looking around in a bit of a daze. He touches his wound, and winces. "OW!" He complains loudly. The blood has dried to a bronze mask across his face, and in his beard and hair. There's a lump on the side of his head, too, and its not gotten any smaller from the supposed help he was _supposed_ to have gotten. Even the stitches aren't all that well done. He'll have a scar. At least that he can't see himself. Blinking in confusion, he looks around the inn. Picking the mug besides him, he soon finds out that its empty. Just the bottom dregs of some cheap swill that's now lukewarm, and that's like drinking piss. He drinks it, even if he coughs as a result. "Aleksandr, Aleksandr! Where's the booze!?" He doesn't seem to realize he's slept for a while.

Stirring in his seat causes him to knock over his shield and his sword, which clatter to the floor. That causes some curses about what men shouldn't do to pigs, though why that applies to swords might be unclear. Bending down to right the ruckuss only makes his head spin. "Fuck! Ow!" Nothing like a soldier with a scratch. Turns them all into whining babies.

*

As the skirmishes seem to slow, Orazio unpacks his lunch and lets his paintings dry in the air. He pours himself another glass of grappa and just sits back and lets his horse graze while he watches the town and whatever devastation might have happened during his painting.

Orazio lays out his little picnic lunch of bread, cheese, and olives and enjoys his drink and afternoon.

*

Outside the Inn, Carina is seated on an old barrel and leaning against the wall of the Knotty Beech. Hearing the ruckus from inside she adopts a crooked smirk, pleased with herself for something or other. Tipping back her own cup, she take a long drink and just patiently waits for Faraman to actually see her butchered work. "Call me a butcher, you get one." The words are muttered mostly to hersel.f

*

Cosette has partially disconnected.

*

"Someone drank all the booze," Faraman complains bitterly to Carina as he stumbles out of the inn. Shielding his eyes he squints at the skies which are quite different in luminescence than the ones he'd fallen asleep under. "I close my eyes for a moment, and the world turns to shit. Hey, you got anything to drink? I'm parched. And hungry. Found anything to eat? If I have to eat my stale rations of hard bread, cheese and that I-don't-even-wanna-know-what-kinda-animal-it-is dried meat, I swear I will kill myself right here and now."

*

"Oh that's reason enough." Carina returns cheerfully with a chuckle. "You woke on the wrong side of the bed. It's already tomorrow." Just giving him a hard time. "May explain why you are so hungry." She offers up the remainder of her cup of drink, "Finish that off, I'll get you something to eat and drink. Just, wait here. You'll fall over or something." She pushes off the barrel and turns to go back inside to get what she'd promised. Drink and food.

*

"You can't lie to me!" The Wyvern Mercenary exclaims, though it lacks his usual boisterous enthusiasm. Instead the follow up comes out a sighing wheeze. "..Everybody.. loves Faraman." He accepts the cup and knocks it down before he even knows what he's been drinking. A moment later he's forgotten it anyway, slumped down onto the same barrel she just occupied.

*

"I can! Whether you choose to believe me is on you." Carina laughs again, but she calls it out through the open door. She orders some food and grudgingly pays for his too. He'd bought her wine once, she owed him. And then some drink. Whatever was cheap and plentiful. The drink is ready first and she walks out with both, handing him a large cup of it. Or a mug, whatever. "They want their cup back." She takes a drink from hers and leans a hip against the door frame. Her armor was off for the moment. It was chancy, but she wanted to relax a little before getting back out into the fray, if indeed there was further fray to get into.

*

"You're an angel in the guise of a terrifying woman," Faraman compliments Carina when she gives him the drink. He takes it with both hands and takes a long and satisfying drink, this time actually tasting the brew. It might not be the best in the world, but from the sounds he makes in his throat, he might as well be a moment from being intimate with it. "Ah. I needed that!" He's still in his armor, having slept in it. And that means he's now stiff as a log as well as injured. He rolls his shoulders this way and that to try to loosen his muscles up a little bit. "What?" Of them wanting the cup back. "Those ingrates. Here I saved their stupid town," because he was paid to to do it, "bled for them! Suffered! And they want a damn cup back. Bastards." Hmph.

*

Carina reaches down and scoops up the cup she'd let him empty before she'd gone inside. "Uh.. huh." Deliberate pause in there. "Don't claim that until you've seen your scar, er, cut there." A thumping gesture to the knot on his head without quite making contact. Just enough to make him think she might. "You need to wash your face, you're wearing your blood and that one guys," she gestures vaguely towards where they had fought. "Drag another barrel over for me, I'll be out with the food and it's much cooler out here." Damn she's bossy.

*

Puzzled, Faraman looks at her. It takes him a moment to register it all, and then he slowly lifts his fingers up to touch his head. "Ow," he mutters to himself, but fights through it. He traces the stitches, which aren't even a little bit even or properly done. One's opened already. By then she's already inside though, and so can't get the full weight of his black glare. "She ruined my good looks!" Except he wasn't exactly a heart throb. Even if it wasn't a bloody mess, both his hair and his beard are in need of some serious scissor attention, and he's got a nose that's been multiple times broken and several _other_ scars, other than the ones he's going to get because she butchered his face. He growls, but eventually does lumber off to drag a second barrel over. He winces the whole time. And complains to himself. "Getting food is easier than.. wait! Fucking woman tricked me!"

*

Gratefully, Carina misses his self explorations and hopefully the bulk of his ire at the same time. With her own drink tucked against her, she's got both hands full of food. Two bowls heaped with the stew, lots of meat and gravy in there for the thick slabs of bread sticking out of both of them. Stepping back out, she walks over to have a seat on the second barrel, not even questioning whether it would be there or not. "For you," she produces the food all grandly as if she'd created it herself. "Eat up. This may be our last meal, depending on what they decide." Only in that is she fairly serious but she doesn't seem overly concerned. Every day was that possibility. "Thank you," she belatedly offers for the seat.

*

There's still a glare, if not quite as furious as it had been a moment before. And she's bringing gifts! The noise his stomach makes at the scent makes it clear it will not tolerate any nonsense that might jeopardize its filling. "I must've misheard when I thought you said you'd help with this," he indicates with the spoon. "And you must've actually said 'I'm going to ruin you'." Hmph. His hmph vanishes on the first swallow of the thick and meaty stew. Involuntarily he sighs with contentment. "This is good," he has to admit. Then he remembers he's cross, and adds: "Well. Its tolerable."

"If they come back, I suppose I'll be in the back line with a crossbow. I hope I will be, anyway." He pauses, thinks. "Yeah, they'll come back. Didn't bloody them no more'n they blooded us."

*

"My hands weren't as steady as I'd have liked, to be honest. I was worn out and you were bleeding out so I did what I could. Admittedly, it could have been better, a lot better." Carina does have the courtesy to give him an apologetic look. She goes about eating too, dipping the bread in the sauce and taking a bite of it, savoring the taste. "I didn't realize how hungry I was until now." Another bite and she chases it with a drink from the cup. Her eyes drift over to where they'd fought and she gives him a nod. "They'll be back." She's feeling it too. "After I eat, I'll be getting my armor back on. Wouldn't want you to accidentally shoot me in the back with your bolt." A smirk follows before she gets quiet to eat.

*

He ponders for a moment, then nods in acceptance of her explanation and apology. "Alright, alright. Fine. You did your best." Though he does add: "Even if you're a damn butcher with that needle. Stick to hurting people!" It brings out a grin, where not washing, but drinking, as removed most of the blood stains at least. He keeps shoveling the food in, once or twice pausing to suck air into his mouth to cool the contents. "You know, I don't usually miss every fucking shot. Still. Yeah, probably aughta. Don't wanna go rushing into combat in that, if they attacked while we were still sitting there."

*

"Takes a damned hour to get on anyway. On a good day." Time consuming! Carina continues to eat at a pretty rapid pace. She'd gotten used to it and rarely did she settle in for a slow meal. "I'll stick to hurting people then. Which is apparently what I did to you, right?" A crooked grin that looks more like a smirk is given over as well as a light shrug. "I'm pretty sure we all have our off days. I don't believe you miss every shot. You're still alive after all." She finishes the bread and just tips up the bowl to her mouth to drink it down, pausing to chew a straw meat or root vegetable now and then.

*

Livino has partially disconnected.

*

"Problem is there's more of them than us," Faraman decides. Like Carina, he's not one to let a meal be potentially left behind because he'd not eaten it fast enough. It all goes down as quickly as he can manage, occasionally helped with something to drink. "Our cheap ass employers aught to have spent a bit of extra coin to secure numbers. Its a rich town. Could've stripped it afterwards if they were that damn pinched for resources." Which of course would've made them no better than the Boars who were also there to strip the town naked. He is utterly unconcerned about the moral implications, of course. "Instead they went with bare minimum."

*

Up on his hill, under his shady tree, Orazio finishes his light lunch of olives, cheese, and bread. He stands up quietly, dusts off his hands and cleans up his picnic fixin's. Humming to himself, he checks his horse. "Good grass, yes?" he wonders of the beast, before turning back to his paintings and starting to wrap them each up. "Good painting today."

He then climbs up onto the back of his horse, turns it, and heads back to Matora.

*

Orazio has left.

*

Cosette has left.

*

"I don't even know who bought our services, but the extra money will be good if we live to spend it. It'll buy you a few rounds at the gaming table." Carina smirks, looking over, "Or the Siren's Song." The bowl is tilted back again and she finishes off the food. As someone is heading inside, she passes it over along with her cup, "Take that inside for me, would you? Thank you." Not taking no for an answer. Rising to her feet, she stretches then pats her full belly. "Time for the armor. I'll catch you in a bit."

*

"House Sebastiano," Faraman supplies to her. He looks at the dishes, then to her, as if to ask him to take them in is a terrible damn thing to do! Still, with a sigh he ponders towards the door (without any of the dishes), so that he can open it and shout inside. "We're done!" To Carine he says: "There!" As if that's sorted it all out. "I'm gonna go find my crossbow." And so he too wanders off.

*

The day carried on, troops of Wyvern Company rotating being at the ready, to meet the next band from the Order of the Boar. Scouts in the city monitoring external movements to be ready to meet them. Not meeting in full force as it could leave any side undefended for the remainder of the Boars. The come with less frequency as the day wears on. Before night encroaches, it seems a slightly larger skirmishing band gathers at the forest, preparing a push towards Vierguers and the loot within, hopefully. Both sides tired from the day, this could well be the last pushes of the Boars, tomorrow could bring more troops, they've no place to draw reinforcements.
Even as this is happening, its been noted that from a couple of fires today, the town is dry from water. Some of the townsfolks are talking about breaking to the river to replenish this, both for townsfolks and the Wyvern's fighting to save their town. The injured have grown, but the parsonage is not yet full. More Boars have been taken captive, as well as some of the Wyvern by the Order of the Boar. It seems one of their commanders is leading this skirmish, and thus, Cavalieri Tomasia comes out to lead any fresh troops available. She is fresh, only tired from the conducting of defenses throughout the day. WIth night nearing, this is an opportunity for her to join cause with her company.

*

Faraman has wrapped a handkerchief around his head, half of it visible under his helm as it droops down over his forehead, the rest hidden to try to provide some padding for his injured head. His face is still bloody; he's disregarded Carina's advise to get himself cleaned up. His armor is covered by dust and dried blood, with a few fresh scratches where foes have touched him with steel. He frankly looks like shit. The sword he was swinging in the skirmish earlier in the day has been sheathed, and his shield is on his back. Instead he's picked up a crossbow to provide some ranged support for the Wyverns while he's injured. The medical attentions he received before hasn't put any kind of pep to his feet.

"There better be a big bonus," he mutters to nobody in particular as he recognizes the impending next wave.

*

Vittore has been in the city with his family for the day, with all of them helping in their own particular fashion. His wife and sister with the wounded and the fires, his brother with putting the battle to canvas for posterity (hey, someone has to do it!). Being no warrior himself, the Conte has remained back in the town, and after checking on his family's womenfolk, is back conferring amongst the various people involved with the defense, from the town leaders to other nobles who have showed up in support, to the Cavalieri and others. With some of the maps on display, he considers the distance to the river while questioning a local headman about the wells and other details. "What exactly are the numbers looking like?" he wonders. "How much do we have versus what we might need? I can't imagine we're not better supplied here in town, though the fires could prove a big problem if there's enough for that. Have the fighters drink wine, save the water for the blazes." (Somewhere, a drink-happy mercenary is very happy)

*

When word when arrives of the siege of Vierguers, there was some discussion about how the Arbore could assist. In time, however, the decision was made. Three horse teams trod their way along the countryside, taking up a flanking position on the Order of the Boar, to face the open field that they would be crossing towards to advance on the city itself.

Settled on one of the lead horses, Livino frowns as he takes in the sight of the fires burning across the city before. "I pray we are not too late." he mutters to noone in paticular, glancing back towards the small train of wagons and the wheeled catapult that can be turned and the wheels notched off quickly to allow the war machine to be set up. His orders are simple. "We must make sure to clear the field to ensure that the Wyvern have safe approach to the river. We will bring the ground to them." He tries to sound inspiring - but at 5 and a half feet and slight - he's not exactly the very model of a general. But he dismounts quickly to start laying out the siege lines for the pair of catapults and it's ammunition wagon.

*

Marsilia has been here the entire day, though after the events of the first skirmish had concluded, this did give her some time between helping Cosette tend to patients and actually partaking of the picnic spread that was set out for her earlier. Now somewhat well-rested and freshened up the best she can in such a situation, the Contessa spies her husband's presence when he makes his appearance and in that familiar business-like approach of his, he looks to be gauging the situation and moving into action quickly enough with the information he has gathered. Smoothing out the stained, yet still expensive fabric of her dress, she makes her way to join Vittore to see whether she can be of an assistance herself. She may look a bit like a mess, but she remains as poised and elegant as ever, "Things were a little difficult earlier, what with an arsonist among us. I can only hope that we do not suffer the same this time around." Looking over her shoulder, she catches sight of some of the siege weapons waiting ominously in the distance. Ominously for the enemy anyway, but they truly are large monstrous things.

*

On the other hand, Carina looks fresh and fed and rested, Her armor is back on which had taken forever it seemed, but she was prepared for battle. Her sword was sharpened and she was perfectly sober. With her shield on her left arm she watches as the catapults are prepared. It's not something she'd personally ever used before, but she did watch with interest. Prepared to help if needed, she remains nearby, but out of the way. If anyone got through, she had her sword and shield.

*

The stages of prepaaration are commanders moving about like wild cats circling to get the advantage on the field when the troops skirmish. Troops in armor starting to gather. Cavalieri Tomasai is available to interact with in planning against the impending attack. It could be quarter of an hour if it comes quick up to an hour as the commanders jostle for perceived best position. The arrival of Livino may be just in time. She affords one of her lieutenants keep her informed of manuevers in the woods. She comes to Livino herself. "Signore," she greats with a bow of her head, her contract is to the Great Houses and she recognizes his role. "Could you reach the woods with your machines?" She asks, seriously, hearing in part some of his plan to clear the ground. SHe comes to conspire with the man if she may help.
Near the Conte Farro, a steward of the local Barone is present. One Barbusio di Correr. A local titled man who at least is aware of the provisions. "We've half a tun left, all told, in the city." Two 'average barrels' at best. "It is either the river, across the field to the south," not far from the forest, "Or we could try for Signore Marmagna's estates due east? But if another fire breaks out now, the town is in jeopardy. We are low on wagons, it is either that or the other Singore." (+check awareness for those pondering to help with the water situation) (Livino can give us an earlier +check siege to help with placement and reaching the woods were most of the mercs are now).

*

(>-------<)
| Livino (Siege) |
| -----— |
| Critical Success! |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 15 Mod: 0 Total: 15 |
| Roll: 15 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

Cosette arrives from the TinyPlot Rooms.

*

Cosette has arrived.

*

(>-------<)
| Vittore (Awareness) |
| -----— |
| Failed |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 10 Mod: 0 Total: 10 |
| Roll: 14 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

(>-------<)
| Marsilia (Awareness) |
| -----— |
| Success |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 10 Mod: 0 Total: 10 |
| Roll: 8 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

(>-------<)
| Carina (Awareness) |
| -----— |
| Failed |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 10 Mod: 0 Total: 10 |
| Roll: 15 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

Faraman watches the approach of the siege engines with a glint of know-how. His expression scrunches up like a man doing internal calculations of what would be the best way to employ them. "Hmmm…" he muses aloud as he hefts his crossbow to idly make sure that it's in working order. Which is something he's done oh, a good hundred times already. He doesn't take any action for now, just waiting for orders and watching to see if there's any opportunities that aught to he taken.

*

As the cavalieri approaches and asks her question, Livino squats down into the dirt and takes out a stick. He makes some calculations on the fly and glances towards the woods that she had pointed out to him, and then he points. "We're off set by twenty and five canna, Cavalieri." the engineer offers, his expression turning serious as he scans the village. "Get anyone that is available - we need to clear the rubble from the collapsed shop.." there's a hard gesture towards one of the ruined buildings, still smouldering from the fire.

"We can use the rubble as ammunition, but we must do so quickly and expeditedly. I believe that we will only have a short time before the Order of the Boar begins it's advance and my machines become useless."

*

Standing beside her husband, Marsilia listens in silence when the Barone speaks. Even then, her gaze sweeps over the landscape, perhaps only half-taking in what is being said. The distraction of the actual skirmish doesn't help things, but as her green eyes look towards the waterway once more, they widen a touch, before narrowing. "Are those soldiers not Boars?" She asks, gesturing at a direction near the edge of the woods. "They look to be pushing barrels with them. Empty ones… or not? That is the question." Looking towards the Barone and then to her husband, she then states, "I think it's best that we find out what they are up to. Whatever it is, I doubt it will do us any good. For all we need they could be trying to sabotage us once more."

*

"Well, hold that for any fires," Vitorre instructs the Barone, regarding their very small reserve. "That is the gravest danger, for if just one should go out of control, you could lose the whole of the town with barely a sword raised." He glances about, and over toward the commander. "The truth is, horses aside, that none of the men will die of thirst in the instant, though we must find them refreshment sooner than later. For now, keep the fighters to weak wine if they must drink." But now he looks around to see if any of them have a map. "Where is this estate, if we're to-" Ah, but this whole train of thought is interrupted by his wife's observation. He glances over. "Well caught. Cavalieri, do you see them? Whatever trickery they're up to, we best put it shortly to bed. But if those barrels are water, we might just claim it from them and have two birds…" He won't say the second part, but merely glances over at the catapults.

*

(>-------<)
| Carina (Flirting) |
| -----— |
| Failed |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 2 Mod: 0 Total: 2 |
| Roll: 11 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

(>-------<)
| Cosette (Orate) |
| -----— |
| Failed |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 10 Mod: 0 Total: 10 |
| Roll: 11 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

(>-------<)
| Faraman (Manipulate) |
| -----— |
| Failed |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 10 Mod: 0 Total: 10 |
| Roll: 16 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

(>-------<)
| Vittore (Battle) |
| -----— |
| Success |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 10 Mod: 0 Total: 10 |
| Roll: 9 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

(>-------<)
| Carina (Str) |
| -----— |
| Success |
| -
------ |
| Attribute: 14 Roll: 1 |
(>-------<)

*

Carina hears the need for ammo and looks down at her armor with a roll of her eyes. This would be a might inconvenient, but she does go and get busy, hauling with the rest, dumping off the rubble wherever they request. She finds a cart the second time over and fills it, which makes it tons easier, and starts making trip after trip. And while she does work fast, no chance is she running in armor.

*

"Ammunition," Farmaman echoes. He scratches at his beard, and decides that this is a moment for showing initiative. Especially since making other people work, rather than working himself. Unfortunately his coaxing isn't the most motivational. He shuffles like a walking dead, and in a hoarse voice that barely carries tries to make people leap into work. At least it succeeds in making him look busy and so be unlikely to be ordered to do any _physical_ work, right? There's always a silver lining. Unlike Carina, he does not try to carry anything himself.

*

Isabella has left.

*

Cosette has re-emerged from tending more wounded, her attire is filthy even behind a healer's apron she had acquired from somewhere. She does catch up to her siblings, Vittore and Marilia just in time to hear the need of clearing the rubble. "Anyone still able bodied to help clear these stones?!" The Sister called out in hope of plentiful volunteers. Sadly there were few. Probably all injured and tired.

*

The Cavalieri Tomasia listens to Livino, squatting a little to see his dirt drawing, as if he was making a plan, not realizing he was mathing it up so much until he explains. She understands, and nods, shooting, "Get some townsfolk to clear the Signore's building!" She assumes some citizen or noble will handle that, and turns to the Conte Farro then. OThers start to help get folks to move, it helps some start to move. The tired in their bodies showing, a little more motivation could help them.
Tomasia doesn't focus on that, instead drawn in to the Conte Farro and his concerns. "You're right Signore. If they're empty, we can't let them restock. If we had a few good archers." SHe is considering, using them (as the one with the crit leaves the room). Then looks around. "A few horses remain close from the stable fire, I think we can run two out before the Boars can organize and stop horsemen. We'll get the barrels and find out what's going on." She whistles an aid over, its load and piercing, she can command a battle field certainly. The steward remains, "A hard ride, its not far, a few dozen acres crosses into his fields to the west and north, a few dozen more to his estate. We can send men now to be sure?" As if waiting to finalize any such orders from Conte Ferro himself, the man is a good steward.

*

All that Marsilia can do now is observe those sneaky Boars from afar, but she doesn't let them get out of her sights if she can help it. There seems to be dire work on two fronts, both with the intruders and also with the siege weapons. There is very little that she can do with their unwelcomed guests, leaving the investigation for her husband and the other soldiers who now move to try and prevent whatever treacherous plans or otherwise the Boars with the barrels are planning on doing. "Will you go and follow?" She asks of her husband, knowing how dangerous this mission could be.

*

Listening to the instructions as they are given, Livino watches the movement of the others to help clear the path to allow the catapult to be set properly among the ruins of the building. Cosette's call for aid is offered a smile in response, before the man turns his attention to the team that is moving the catapults in position. "We will be ready for the first volley shortly!"

The arriving rubble in Carina's cart gets a grateful nod. "I hate to tax you further, Signoria, but can you assist with chocking the wheels so that the catapult is stable in it's firing position?" There's a thin smile. "I will make sure that you are given the pleasure of the first pull of the handle to launch the volley." There's a swift smirk offered before he moves to and considers Tomasia. "Do you wish for me to split my fire - I can hit the woods and provide a second volley as cover for your charge. Keep their archers pinned down." He glances towards the crossbow on his own mount. "I will join in the defense if I need to."

*

"Of course." Getting a few sizeable rocks from the cart, she places them both in front of and behind each wheel to stop it from rolling when they aren't ready for it to roll. Lifting eyes to him with a rather serious expression, she gives a shake of her head, "I leave that to the experts." Which is certainly not her. Once the wheels are secure, she quietly goes back to the cart and goes back for more ammunition.

*

Faraman continues to rather ineffectually try to make the townspeople work faster to get stones to the siege engines. Gradually he drifts towards where the Commander is talking to the nobles, but he keeps his distance none the less. Don't want to be too close lest he gets 'volunteered' to do something dangerous. He checks his crossbow again, for the hundred and one time. Once or twice he also adjusts his bandage.

*

"That seems sound," Vittore answers the Barone's man as he speaks about the estate. "Have those riders saddle but wait," and he pauses with heavy emphasis on this word, "and then ride out a postern for all they're worth at the catapults first volley, after whatever men we've sent to skirmish. That way, the Boar commander's eyes may be turned to one of several other different concerns, and they may not spot the riders quite so quickly. Or at least, not rally a pursuit fast enough to stop them." He seems satisfied with that plan, leaving the man to carry it out, and then glances back to the Wyvern's commander. "I don't know who you have best suited to it, but I'd send some of your best. As archers go, I've brought my crossbow - I'd be willing to help cover whatever men you send to the wood." But not go any closer, clearly!

*

(>-------<)
| Faraman (Battle) |
| -----— |
| Failed |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 10 Mod: 0 Total: 10 |
| Roll: 14 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

The steward nods to Vittore, "Yes Conte, that is sound." He moves to get his riders ready. Moving off a little nearer the stables to get some of the capable townsfolk ready to ride for the nearest Estate beyond the city. Just the same Cavalieri Tomasia listens to this plan forming. "Of course the best for this, if we've one shot to secure this plan in our favor, we can do no less." And speaking of archers, it seems the arrival of catapults has changed prepartions. A keen eye may note that what archers the Boars have, those mercs that have bows in present company, are gathering near the edge of the forest. Its hard to tell from current vantages if they mean to fire a the town and that shop where Livino is preparing seige engines, or at riders. Its safe to think they do not suspect riders to go for the barrels. Which are starting to be rolled to the water. Guessing by the effort they are full at present, something meant for the water, not to gather drinking water for the Boars it would seem.

*

Cosette not content to stand around calling others into action, she also lended a pair of able hands to retrieve stones from the building for the seige equipment.

*

(>-------<)
| Cosette (Str) |
| -----— |
| Failed |
| -
------ |
| Attribute: 11 Roll: 16 |
(>-------<)

*

When Vittore doesn't respond to her inquiry, Marsilia's brow furrows in gentle disapproval. She was the one who pointed those villains out to begin with. When he mentions his crossbow, however, that in itself, answers her question completely. "What could be in those barrels?" She says in quiet tones to her husband, but decides that she will trail along if from an even safer distance than the Conte di Farro himself.

*

Critical Fail!
GiovanniAcuto makes a check for Boar Commander in response to volley and attack (Battle) at 15, he rolled 20.

*

Success
GiovanniAcuto makes a check for Riders for barrels group roll at 13, he rolled 7.

*

Failed.
GiovanniAcuto makes a check for Riders for Estate at 13, he rolled 14.

*

Success
GiovanniAcuto makes a check for Tomasia Battle to organize archers and riders to cover for siege and help with water at 15, he rolled 12.

*

(>-------<)
| Vittore (Crossbow) |
| -----— |
| Success |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 10 Mod: 0 Total: 10 |
| Roll: 8 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

(>-------<)
| Faraman (Crossbow) |
| -----— |
| Failed |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 10 Mod: 0 Total: 10 |
| Roll: 14 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

(>-------<)
| Livino (Siege) |
| -----— |
| Success |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 15 Mod: 0 Total: 15 |
| Roll: 2 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

Corso arrives from the TinyPlot Rooms.

*

Corso has arrived.

*

As the rocks fly, the others plans initiate at once. Riders for the water make quick for the barrels and intercept them, dealing with the men and women there, only a couple, and putting an end to the plans. They make a decision there, and split the barrels open, letting contents seep into the ground away from the river. The riders leave a moment too early, spotted quickly enough, evidenced by the pointing from Boars mercs near the woods, alerting their commander. However, in the confusion of the moment, he cannot organize riders of his own, perhaps not expecting the riders to go for the water. He does issue the command for his archers to return fire. Even then, as everything is orchestrated, Cavalieri Tomasia has a band of skirmishers ready and is taking good advantage of the field now to move them in the chaos. THey have to come out or face worse casualties at the rocks sent by Livino's machines. Its clear the advantage Tomasia has even as the Boars bravely rush at the impending tangle of bodies to come.

*

The good thing about crossbows is they have a decent range. Which means Faraman can stay far away from the frey of battle when he moves to add his little touch. He hefts the weapon to his shoulder and starts to take aim as arrows fly. Its really just a random potshot that he sends flying off, and while he sighs when his target doesn't react in any way from the bolt, it doesn't seem to bother him too much. Instead he casually begins to reload the mechanical contraption. Miss one, hit the next one. Its just another day on the job regardless as long as he survives the day.

*

Livino waits. And waits for the command. Then when he gets the signal from the Cavalieri's charge, the engineer turns to his catapult teams. "Fire and reload!" The first groups of rocks are thrusted into the air, spreading out as they whistle through the air above the advancing troops of Tomasia as they shadow over the edge of the forest.

And then the very hard rain starts to fall on the ranks of the boars and archers as rock after rock slam into the forest as they smash into trees, splintering the limbs and trunks as well as any unfortunate enough to be in the line of fire. Once the catapults are reloaded, they are fired anew towards the enemy troops.

*

Corso rolls 1d2 and gets (1) for a total of: (1)

*

"The options seem like nothing, water, or perhaps something flamable," Vittore will inform his wife, while indeed his declaration of intent to provide some cover fire should answer any question of plans for his own person. Namely that he'll assist, but not go far. Once he's given instruction to the barone, he signals for his aide, who has already fetched his crossbow from his mount and loaded. Thereafter, he waits for the Cavalieri to give the signal, for the troops to move in and the rocks to fly. "Good luck, brother," he even calls over to Corso, even if the Conte has no intention of risking himself in the melee. Rather, he moves to whatever reserve point, confident in his armor against any return at that range. Drawing a bead with his large and somewhat expensive looking mechanical death machine, he takes a breath, expels it, and then squeezes - a moment later putting a bolt squarely in one of the fighting men around the barrels.

He looks a little surprised he makes the shot at such a range - though quickly puts on a more 'I totally meant to do that' face shortly after.

*

Corso draws his sword with a little flourish as he moves to prepare to spring the attack with the other skirmishers, his shield, emblazoned with the heraldry of Farro, and a fierce Manticore added to it as his personal heraldry, is strapped onto his arm. He raises his sword in Salute to Vittore.

*

Lifting herself up on her tip-toes, Marsilia tries to get a better view of the situation near the river, especially when the barrels are drawn closer to land and then opened up to reveal their content. She has an itch to make the journey there to see things for herself, but she must be content with watching from afar. She only notices her brother-in-law once Vittore mentions him and here her gaze follows to watch Corso march off to go toe-to-toe with one of the enemy commanders. It's almost like watching her own brother fight, like just earlier. When she returns back to Vittore, the sound of the crossbow can be heard and while she did not see the shot itself, she does get a good look at the aftermath once the man is hit. "Brilliant shot." She decides to say.

*

Carina rolls 1d2 and gets (1) for a total of: (1)

*

Carina marches along after Corso, but she doesn't talk or anything, just goes looking for the fight too. She eyes a couple of them and has every intention on taking down one. Of course that's her intention every time, but she keeps falling short! She hefts her blade, her shield strapped on, and she gets to hacking, sure it would be taking awhile.

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Carina vs Merc2 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Carina: Failed || Merc2: Critical Success |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: sword Armor: full plate || Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Y Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Result: Merc2 wins the roll with their Critical Success. |
| Merc2 rolls (5 1 2 1 3 3 1 2) for 18 total damage. |
| Armor and/or Shield reduces by 16. |
| Carina takes 2 damage. |
| Carina checks their Dex: Knockdown! |
(>
--------------—<)

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Corso vs Merc1 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Corso: Success || Merc1: Failed |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: Sword Armor: Full Plate || Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Y Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Result: Corso wins the roll with their Success. |
| Corso rolls (3 6 3 4) for 16 total damage. |
| Armor and/or Shield reduces by 14. |
| Merc1 takes 2 damage. |
| Merc1 checks their Dex: Knockdown! |
(>
--------------—<)

*

The man facing Corso has a white to his eyes, suggesting he has fought earlier and is nearing fatigue. He still heeds the call of his comand and rushes forward, ushering the uncertainty around him. It shows as his sword is swung but it seems slow, instead he takes the blade, giving a tear beneath his amor and he falls down. Sword in hand he holds it to fend off Corso and hopefully find his feet.
The merc facing Carina is dirt covered and grimy from the day as well, he doesn't look so ready, but gives a yell, "Die Matoran scum!" And its a sudden burst of energy from the man as he brings a renewed assualt to this skirmish and cutting her.

*

Corso gets the better of the Mercenary before him, cutting deep with his sword, and bashing in with the shield to send the mercenary tumbling to the ground before he shifts, raising his sword high to strike down on the prone man, hoping to finish the bloody work quickly!

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Carina vs Merc2 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Carina: Success || Merc2: Success |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: sword Armor: full plate || Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Y Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Result: Carina wins as their roll was higher. |
| Carina rolls (4 2 6 3 2) for 17 total damage. |
| Armor and/or Shield reduces by 20. |
| Merc2 takes 0 damage. |
| Merc2 checks their Dex: Success. |
(>
--------------—<)

*

(>-------<)
| Livino (Siege) |
| -----— |
| Success |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 15 Mod: 0 Total: 15 |
| Roll: 10 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

The one hit brings Carina down, she lifts her shield, but the sword extends past it and gets her upper arm, slicing a nice little cut there. Not anything to stop her from fighting though. Scrambling for her sword, she lifts her shield and stabs upwards, missing anything except armor. The merc takes zero damage, but she lives to fight another round.

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Corso vs Merc1 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Corso: Success || Merc1: Failed |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: Sword Armor: Full Plate || Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Y Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Result: Corso wins the roll with their Success. |
| Corso rolls (1 2 4 2) for 9 total damage. |
| Armor and/or Shield reduces by 14. |
| Merc1 takes 0 damage. |
(>
--------------—<)

*

"Volley!" Another batch of rubble is flung from within the village to arch high into the air, continuing to slam around and amongst the hopefully crumbling ranks of the Boars. He's already calling for a reload as he turns his attention towards the pair of catapults. "Adjust the first five canna to the right!"

*

Aleksandr glances back over his shoulder when he hears Marsilia compliment his shot, and does allow himself a little smile. Does putting crossbow bolts through mercenaries count as a romantic display? That done, however, the man is forced to contend with the difficulty of loading the thing, placing another bolt and then taking a somewhat leisurely pause with the foot-braced winch to crank the thing taught once more.

*

Vittore (FIXED FOR LOG AHEM) glances back over his shoulder when he hears Marsilia compliment his shot, and does allow himself a little smile. Does putting crossbow bolts through mercenaries count as a romantic display? That done, however, the man is forced to contend with the difficulty of loading the thing, placing another bolt and then taking a somewhat leisurely pause with the foot-braced winch to crank the thing taught once more.

*

Corso is able to land another blow on the enemy Merc as he stands, though the strike isn't as telling this time, glancing off of the armor of the Mercenary soldier!

*

The merc facing Carina gained confidence with her going down, needed for such a fight as this, but as they exchange more blows he sees she gains her feet and that saps some of the spirit from him. No more words to taunt and jar her, no, instead he focuses on the task at hand for the now. Squinting against the waning light to keep his focus on the woman he faces in combat now. All other thoughts slip away.
THe man who Corso put down does well to fend him off, but has to move to get up and allows Corse a glancing blow off his armor, as the swing clears, he rolls and takes his feet, facing Corso once more.

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Corso vs Merc1 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Corso: Critical Success || Merc1: Failed |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: Sword Armor: Full Plate || Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Result: Corso wins the roll with their Critical Success. |
| Corso rolls (4 2 1 6 3 1 5 4) for 26 total damage. |
| Armor and/or Shield reduces by 14. |
| Merc1 takes 12 damage. |
| Merc1 checks their Dex: Knockdown! |
(>
--------------—<)

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Carina vs Merc2 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Carina: Failed || Merc2: Success |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: sword Armor: full plate || Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Y Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Result: Merc2 wins the roll with their Success. |
| Merc2 rolls (6 1 6 5) for 18 total damage. |
| Armor and/or Shield reduces by 16. |
| Carina takes 2 damage. |
| Carina checks their Dex: Success. |
(>
--------------—<)

*

Carina is tired dammit, she had been at it all day. The armor weighted her down, but the merc seemed to sympathize with her for it. He kept chipping away at it and making her bleed. He was nice like that, trying to lessen her load. She manages to keep her feet beneath her this time at least and to stay in the fight.

*

It just isn't that poor Mercenary's day, who's facing Corso, as the Farro swordsman brings a follow up exchange that finds a sweet spot, cutting in an unarmored gap of the enemy knight, causing a telling wound, if not a serious one, and sends the enemy swordsman back to the ground once again, "For Farro!"

*

The one facing Carina is perhaps one of few at best standing his ground so well. Nearly a surprise ot himself, he feels a solid blow landing, "Eat dir…" He's saying. BUt then she barely stammers and keeps her feet, some of the fight is sucked from his soul with that. His arm feeling heavier.
The man facing Corso umghs with his hit, taking all the weight and falling to the ground. He looks back up, his eyes nearly pleading for the demand to yield, leaving his pride to keep his sword raised as he fights on, trying to regain his feet once more.

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Carina vs Merc2 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Carina: Failed || Merc2: Fumble! |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: sword Armor: full plate || Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Y Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Both rolls failed this is a tie. |
(>
--------------—<)

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Corso vs Merc1 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Corso: Success || Merc1: Fumble! |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: Sword Armor: Full Plate || Weapon: sword Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Result: Corso wins the roll with their Success. |
| Corso rolls (6 1 3 5) for 15 total damage. |
| Armor and/or Shield reduces by 14. |
| Merc1 takes 1 damage. |
| Merc1 checks their Dex: Success. |
(>
--------------—<)

*

(>-------<)
| Vittore (Crossbow) |
| -----— |
| Success |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 10 Mod: 0 Total: 10 |
| Roll: 5 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

Carina isn't one to verbally argue while fighting it out with a sword. Letting the talking just wash over her, she continues to fight and while she manages to not get hit this time, she doesn't get one in either.

*

Vittore rolls 1d6+13 and gets (5) for a total of: (18)

*

Vittore rolls 1d6+13 and gets (2) for a total of: (15)

*

(>-------<)
| Livino (Siege) |
| -----— |
| Success |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 15 Mod: 0 Total: 15 |
| Roll: 4 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

Corso continues to wail away on this poor Mercenary, smashing his sword into the man's plate armor with all the force he can muster, which, at least causes some wound to the man!

*

(>-------<)
| Merc1 (Valorous) |
| -----— |
| Success Valorous |
| -
------ |
| Valorous |
| Trait: 10 Roll: 5 |
(>-------<)

*

(>-------<)
| Merc2 (Valorous) |
| -----— |
| Failed Cowardly |
| -
------ |
| Valorous |
| Trait: Roll: 13 |
| Cowardly |
| Trait: 7 Roll: 15 |
(>-------<)

*

After a few moments spent loading, Vittore raises his weapon again, taking a moment to inspect things before actually taking proper aim. Even there, he pauses briefly - watching the skirmish below and seeing if he can track Corso's progress through the fight, although that distraction is momentary. Soon enough, he takes aim on the man with one bolt already sticking out of him and sends another down range. It hits, though it seems like the first had better penetration. "Hmph." A glance back. "Do we have any report from our riders?" While it might be unfair to call this part 'sport' for him, sticking arrows in a far away man is obviously not his true interest in the battle, compared to the overall tactical result.

*

THe man facing Carina has a heavy arm, and is of an age that the fight is leaving him. The lack of command and disorder coming into this charge with the catapults brought in by the Wyvern Guard has him not interested in fighting. He does bend to get his sword, "I would yield." His hand half hovering in the attempt to reach. Carina could strike him unarmed for the moment.
Af for Corso's man, though damanged and bleeding and nearing exhaustion from wounds alone, his sowrd knocked form his hand, still goes for it the same.

*

(>--------------—<)
| Attack Roll Corso vs Merc1 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Corso: Success || Merc1: Failed |
| -
------ || -----— |
| Weapon: Sword Armor: Full Plate || Weapon: Armor: partial pla|
| Shield: Y Mount: || Shield: Mount: |
| Passion: 0 || Passion: 0 |
(>
-------<)(>-------<)
| Result: Corso wins the roll with their Success. |
| Corso rolls (6 6 1 3) for 16 total damage. |
| Armor and/or Shield reduces by 14. |
| Merc1 takes 2 damage. |
| Merc1 checks their Dex: Knockdown! |
(>
--------------—<)

*

Corso di Farro continues his onslaught against Ser Stumbles the Mercenary, another smash of his sword into the merc, which causes him to go tumbling to the ground again, more blood drawn, "YAAAH!" he shouts out, his battle cry, appearently, or something!

*

Carina was tired and she noticed the man going for his sword, but the words are given and she hesitates a split second. "Then do so." Her voice is tight with trying not to show her fatigue, but she does not strike the unarmed man, trusting him to his word, but her own sword and shield at the ready in case he gripped his sword and came in with a swing.

*

The man facing Carina nods, hsi hand never going fully to the weapon in the dirt. "I yeild Signora." He says simply enough, carefully placing his hand outwards to show he means no more offense in this battle.
THe man Corso battles, holds up his own sword as he collects it as he lays on the ground, but doesn't move to get up, waiting to see what Corso does as he's wounded to the bring of unconsciousness from the onslought of blows received from Corso in the name of House Farro.

*

"The riders from the estate?" Marsilia asks of her husband, though he is probably speaking to one of the other military types who are also firing off in the direction of the enemy forces. "Or the ones who stopped to saboteurs, if that is what they had planned?" She, of course, is incredibly curious by now as she awaits to hear word about the barrels. So far, things are going in their favor, on all fronts as far as she can tell, so she continues to offer up her support to her husband as he continues to fire bolt after bolt upon their enemy.

*

(>-------<)
| Livino (Siege) |
| -----— |
| Success |
| -
------ |
| Skill: 15 Mod: 0 Total: 15 |
| Roll: 14 Status: |
(>-------<)

*

"Throw down your sword if you want to live to see another day!" Corso will say, shield held infront of him, sword raising on high, ready to strike down on the brown mercenary.

*

There's one more volley of rubble from the town. "We're out!" Livino calls out. Short of taking apart another building to fire upon the Boars. Though at least it seems the ranks are breaking now. The catapult crews wait for new orders, as the siege weapons themselves get a much needed break.

*

The man adheres, tossing his sword to the side and not having moved to stand from being knocked down. "I yield Singore, that I may live." He's a merc, he does value his life, not all of his comrades will see another day. Tired of the fighting this day. "Do what you will." That sigh is more a relief, that his fighting is done this day, this encounter.

*

"From the estate," Vittore clarifies, continuing to speak calmly with his wife even as he cranks the bow again. Its lovely to chitchat over battle! Then glancing over at Livino, he remarks, "I think you've done more than enough already - those shots were quite well placed. All there's to do now is clean up the rabble, and it looks like my brother and the other knights have effected a surrender."

*

Failed.
GiovanniAcuto makes a check for Boars Commander (Crit Fail iniitial Battle Check) at 3, he rolled 9.

*

Success
GiovanniAcuto makes a check for Wyvern Commander Tomasia at 15, he rolled 5.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License